Melonpool: The Motion Picture

Melonpool

Reaction score
I know I've posted here about the progress on my little film before here, but rather than resurrecting that old post, I thought I'd start one that actually had the project name int he title.

Last weekend, we made some headway on the main set, and shot a short-short video to see how the "Captain's Chair" would work out. Those of ou familiar with MST3K might recognize the donor parts for the chair. Sad, but better than going into a dumpster, somewhere (besids, I have two others just like it in my garage).

Anyway, enjoy!

Melonpool

Reaction score
Here are some new pictures of the set. We're going to shoot a little video on it this weekend!
The set from outside the viewscreen:

Inside the set:

Here's one of the walls, finally primered to hide the fact that all of our greeblies are found objects from the trash:

Here's a shot of my wife peeking through one of the cut outs in the science station. As I said earlier, our set is not meant to be an exact copy of the TMP Enterprise Bridge -- just have some of the design elements mixed in with elements from other ships. Notice the "hoods" over the monitors. They were surprisingly easy to fabricate using a flat piece of plexiglass cut to shape and bent using a heat gun.

Melonpool

Reaction score
The movie or the set? I think the set will be done within the next month. The film is anyone's guess!

Melonpool

Reaction score
We're at the tail end of our preproduction. The script is done. The storyboards are pretty much done. We're about ready to shoot once the sets are finished. Not sure how long that will take -- probably months. We also have to cast a couple of parts, so that might delay us a bit. Oh yeah, and we all have day jobs.