I HATE when people don't understand!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Kathy, it's tough, I know. I definitely agree with everyone else. Do take some time to have a good cry. It's alright to cry, in my opinion. I care about my friends here at the forums, and I want to say that I am sorry that you had to lose your cat. I am your friend, and I will ALWAYS be a friend of yours!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kathy, it's tough, I know. I definitely agree with everyone else. Do take some time to have a good cry. It's alright to cry, in my opinion. I care about my friends here at the forums, and I want to say that I am sorry that you had to lose your cat. I am your friend, and I will ALWAYS be a friend of yours!
((Tutter fan)))) thank you so much!:smile: Jebbie (my cat) is still alive. Tomorrow he sees the vet & we'll know from there if it's definite that he needs to be put to sleep. This morning I noticed he's started eating again(so this is good) But he still has that bad cold & is skinny as anything (which is not good .) Some friends on another board are siding with me .So I'm happy about that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you good luck for Jebbie Kathy. I hope he will be all right.

If you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here for you too. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
I'll hope for the best, whatever that winds up being, for both of you Kathy. :sympathy:

--------------------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
----------------------------
I'll hope for the best, whatever that winds up being, for both of you Kathy. :sympathy:

--------------------------
Thanks Kris. I'm wondering if Jebbie is starting to feel a bit more energetic. He's starting to eat & walk around again (which is a good sign.) But he still has the nasty cold (which ISN'T) Either way he goes to the vet tomorrow. Hopefully the vet will think of something to buy Jebbie some extra time.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate the way people think sometimes. Even if a life can be prolonged, what about the quality? There are so many people in this world who have to suffer slow, lingering deaths because we can't put them out of our misery. My father's wife has been taking care of a woman for 2 weeks who is dying of cancer. There's no way she's going to survive but she has to suffer and wait it out. She probably would have done that anyway because she's religious, but there are a lot out there who would want a more merciful solution.

I've always been happy that we can show atleast our pets that much mercy in their time of ill health. I had to put my dog Nellie down. I loved that dog. But her joints were awful, she had started wetting herself, there were tumors all over her body... the worst part was that despite the pain, every morning she would still run after the squirrels outside. But she was still suffering and the humane thing was to let her go. Sometimes it's just selfish to NOT put a pet down. It takes a bigger person to be able to let their pet go.

I don't care what some idiots said, you shouldn't feel bad if you spend that much on something else. Healing pets isn't always the same as healing a person. It doesn't work as well. It's harder to find skilled vets, as many posts in this thread have said(and I have experienced first hand). They don't have as great a prognosis as a person would. A pet can't be told by a doctor what to do to make it feel better and give itself a better chance and it can't tell a doctor how it feels. My family spent a lot of money trying to save one of my birds once (whose death was my fault, I still blame myself. He would get out and chew on this stained glass thing I had... I never thought of the lead in it.) and in the end...there was nothing they could do. Birds are a lot more fragile, but it's still hard to say if you'll be able to save a pet.

There's also another thing as terrible as it is: Vets can get lazy and just not care sometimes because suing for malpractice over a pets death doesn't work often. There are human doctors who are the same, but the consequences of negligence are much worse.

I hope things took a turn for the better with your kitty. I understand the seizure thing all too well too. Hopefully you aren't like me though and can get excited and not get one.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate the way people think sometimes. Even if a life can be prolonged, what about the quality? There are so many people in this world who have to suffer slow, lingering deaths because we can't put them out of our misery. My father's wife has been taking care of a woman for 2 weeks who is dying of cancer. There's no way she's going to survive but she has to suffer and wait it out. She probably would have done that anyway because she's religious, but there are a lot out there who would want a more merciful solution.

I've always been happy that we can show atleast our pets that much mercy in their time of ill health. I had to put my dog Nellie down. I loved that dog. But her joints were awful, she had started wetting herself, there were tumors all over her body... the worst part was that despite the pain, every morning she would still run after the squirrels outside. But she was still suffering and the humane thing was to let her go. Sometimes it's just selfish to NOT put a pet down. It takes a bigger person to be able to let their pet go.

I don't care what some idiots said, you shouldn't feel bad if you spend that much on something else. Healing pets isn't always the same as healing a person. It doesn't work as well. It's harder to find skilled vets, as many posts in this thread have said(and I have experienced first hand). They don't have as great a prognosis as a person would. A pet can't be told by a doctor what to do to make it feel better and give itself a better chance and it can't tell a doctor how it feels. My family spent a lot of money trying to save one of my birds once (whose death was my fault, I still blame myself. He would get out and chew on this stained glass thing I had... I never thought of the lead in it.) and in the end...there was nothing they could do. Birds are a lot more fragile, but it's still hard to say if you'll be able to save a pet.

There's also another thing as terrible as it is: Vets can get lazy and just not care sometimes because suing for malpractice over a pets death doesn't work often. There are human doctors who are the same, but the consequences of negligence are much worse.

I hope things took a turn for the better with your kitty. I understand the seizure thing all too well too. Hopefully you aren't like me though and can get excited and not get one.
((((Born To Wemble)))) first of all, let me tell you how sorry I am about you having to put your dog Nellie to sleep. Whether it was recently or a couple of years ago, I'm so sorry.:sympathy:
Second of all, I agree with what you said regarding your stepmother's cancer patient. Poor woman.Actually I feel sorry for both the cancer patient AND your stepmother because she has to watch the patient suffer. Not very fair,is it? I only hope that soon the cancer patient just goes to sleep and just passes away with dignity.
As far as my cat Jebbie goes, my vet is doing EVERYTHING he can to help him. He (Jebbie) seems to be faring well. (He doesn't exactly like taking his decongestant pill .But compared to last month he seems a little healthier & comes out of my mom's room more often.)
Thanks for your concern. :smile: I noticed that you're new around here. Please call me Kathy, OK? Everyone around here does. The "Katzi" nickname was a nickname I got from my grandfather when I was little.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
((((Born To Wemble)))) first of all, let me tell you how sorry I am about you having to put your dog Nellie to sleep. Whether it was recently or a couple of years ago, I'm so sorry.:sympathy:
Second of all, I agree with what you said regarding your stepmother's cancer patient. Poor woman.Actually I feel sorry for both the cancer patient AND your stepmother because she has to watch the patient suffer. Not very fair,is it? I only hope that soon the cancer patient just goes to sleep and just passes away with dignity.
As far as my cat Jebbie goes, my vet is doing EVERYTHING he can to help him. He (Jebbie) seems to be faring well. (He doesn't exactly like taking his decongestant pill .But compared to last month he seems a little healthier & comes out of my mom's room more often.)
Thanks for your concern. :smile: I noticed that you're new around here. Please call me Kathy, OK? Everyone around here does. The "Katzi" nickname was a nickname I got from my grandfather when I was little.
It was a few years ago. It was so hard. That dog was amazing. She wasn't a trained guard dog or anything, she was a mutt off the street that we rescued...but she guarded me with her life. People tried to break in, she got em. Heck one time I was playing with my dad and jokingly calling the dog for help and she nearly bit him. She was amazing.

It is, the patient is going back to the nursing home from what I know because it's just too much. And not it isn't fair. I'm glad we can give our other companions a more merciful end.

I'm glad your kitty is doing better! Hopefully he'll recover. Also I don't know if they suggested this, but something happened with my father's cat once and she was sick... instead of water the vet suggested pedilyte, the clear, unflavored kind. It did wonders. But he also couldn't afford treatment for her.

Okey dokey! Kathy it is. :big_grin:

Katzi428

Reaction score
It was a few years ago. It was so hard. That dog was amazing. She wasn't a trained guard dog or anything, she was a mutt off the street that we rescued...but she guarded me with her life. People tried to break in, she got em. Heck one time I was playing with my dad and jokingly calling the dog for help and she nearly bit him. She was amazing.

It is, the patient is going back to the nursing home from what I know because it's just too much. And not it isn't fair. I'm glad we can give our other companions a more merciful end.

I'm glad your kitty is doing better! Hopefully he'll recover. Also I don't know if they suggested this, but something happened with my father's cat once and she was sick... instead of water the vet suggested pedilyte, the clear, unflavored kind. It did wonders. But he also couldn't afford treatment for her.

Okey dokey! Kathy it is. :big_grin:
Wow! It sounds like she was one heck of a special dog! And she loved you as much as you loved her! That's SO sweet!
Jebbie has another apointment w/the vet in a week or so. So we'll see what he says. One of my mother's friends suggested that we give Jebbie childrens' cold medicine. So you're not too far off base. It didn't help Jebbie though. But at least we tried.
Kathy

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------
I agree with BornToWemble. Suffering ought to be optional, not enforced through outdated laws. But I am very glad to hear Jebbie might recover. I had a cat with kidney failure and another, some time later, who had FRV and needed pills every other day to manage his congestion. Hope you get into a routine with Jebbie which both of you are comfortable with and which works medically. :sympathy:

If this helps...my current catten, Mr Peaches (no, I didn't name him! I would've chosen Don Juan or something as smug as he is) seems to think sneezing on my head if dust tickles his nose during the night is perfectly acceptable...while he's sleeping right above my head on my pillow with his feet in my face. What a LOVELY way to wake up an hour before your alarm goes off...

------------------------