"Normal" Rowlf & Sam The Eagle

Gonzo

Reaction score
(playing Devil's Advocate)

And on the other hand....

If people don't buy these alternate versions in the early lines, holding out for the "classic" versions, there's no guarantee the line will continue and there will EVER be a Naked Rowlf or Sam...

Plus, who can resist Rowlf's giant piano? I know I couldn't!

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by theGreatLukeSki
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you all at the Madison East Toys R Us. :smile:
Just thought i'd point out that if you are going there to look for Muppets ya won't find them - TRU has stopped taking the Muppet action figure line.

On your main point, i can see both sides - though i think Palisades have got the right idea. Being an artist and contributing to radio stations and things you'll probably know how standard a 'tease' is in broadcasting. Never give the public EVERYTHING they want straight away, drip feed them, and they'll keep on coming back rather than leave you for the next joe schmoe that makes a cool Muppet product.

BaudGirl

Reaction score
(no one can resist the power of the dark baby grand
Too bad Piggy can't bend at the waist or we could have a whole 'Fabulous Baker Brothers' thing going.

I feel bad, I didn't mean to imply that the variants weren't desirable or good. I'm all for variants myself, but I like the option of the original too.

So Ken, how does it feel to put your blood, sweat, and tears into your work only to watch it be nitpicked to death? :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We already know they have a Regular Rowlf. We've seen pictures of it so it should be released even if the line tanks for some ungodly reason. Who's to say they don't already have a Sam sculpt or, would be willing to tool a new torso for a regular Sam if they don't? I feel that no matter what they would release them to at least get a return on the investment. The sculpts cost thousands of dollars! So, I don't have any worries, but if we don't buy the variants we might have to pay steep prices for the standard versions.:eek: :eek: :eek:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Well I didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't buy the variants. I just meant that for people who can't afford everything, buying a couple figures in each series is still supporting the line. I strongly advocate buying everything, but obviously there are those who can't. And by holding back a few major characters for later in the line, it allows people who can't afford everything to still support the line rather than jumping ship after the first couple series.

Obviously, the third series is just barely out, so there aren't any sales figures yet, but from listening to people's reports, it seems like the series 2 & 3 have been selling fairly well. So it seems like the niche characters are actually getting more support than some of the major ones from Series 1 like Kermit & Piggy.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
although with the whole "Gonzo" thing, him as a dardevil is a regular gonzo in my opition, i mean that's what he's known for, plus him coming with the cannon just fits him perfect. I'm sure the people at Palisades have learned a lot more about the muppets now then they ever have.

when people think of gonzo they don't think of him and "the purple suit", they think of him doing crazy things...so it's fitting, i wouldn't buy any other theroy on that. Rowlf and Sam are more noticable.

Zack,

BAZ

Reaction score
I'm guessing there is a scupt out there for a nakkid Sam. Wasn't he announced as part of Series 4, before they got the rights to the movies?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
There is a sculpt. And it is approved. Sort of. Still working out the best choice for the texture on the body. I want something different than what we have on the Mini. There are two current body textures and one will ultimately get final approval.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I didn't mean to start any negative emotions here, I was just posting the lament of a loyal fan who may have to give up collecting if he can't find a way to cut his spending. My shelves are currently packed to the gills with all the figures I've collected for the past 10 years or so, including the Simpsons, the Muppets, Futurama, Buffy, Angel, Star Wars, Star Trek, Austin Powers, Space Ghost, and many miscellaneous others (all OUT of their packaging, I might add). I already made a consious decision to not collect the new Peanuts figures, and it kills me because my love of Charles Schultz is almost as great as that for Jim Henson. My solution for now is to only collect the Simpsons, the Muppets, Buffy, & Angel, and to only buy variant figures from those lines if they happen to really appeal to me in some way.

Also, as a Toys R Us Employee, it really infuriates me to find out that they are not going to carry the Muppets anymore. I mean, why the heck am I working there if I can't get first dibsies on the Swedish Chef and his kitchen? I'll have to call my local comic shop and see if they're getting them and if they'll be willing to hold onto them for me. If not them then Electronics Boutique at the mall. Or I could just order them from the Palisades website, but then I wouldn't know which version of Zoot I'd be getting. Anyway...

If the fine folks at Palisades are out there reading this, thanks again for making such AWESOME toys! In case you're planning ahead, a rare Muppet I'd like to see a figure for would be "Digit" from "the Jim Henson Hour: MuppeTelevision". He was kind of a cross between Data from Star Trek and Reverend Jim from Taxi. Maybe around Series #27 or so, that would be great.