Trailer of the day

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know this is your thread, and I don't wanna step on your thunder, but I'm adding an extra trailer for today because this absolutely fascinated me...

Top Cat the Movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuTECMO0x6w

Why in Spanish, you say? That's the fascinating bit...

Top Cat (or rather Don Gato) is so popular is Latin America they made their OWN movie. Looks sort of Flash animated, but pretty nice Flash animation. I wish we'd get it over here as a DTV release or have it air on Boomerang... dubbed of course. or with Subtitles. I've never seen an American cartoon get so popular internationally that they made their own movie. And a better job than when we do it the other way round (Dragon Ball Evolution? Bleehhhhh)

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
That's great! And Ace Frehley to boot!

My hope was that this thread would be for anyone to post a trailer on, so, right on!

I noticed that in Europe different cartoon characters we take for granted are huge: here and there, they strike a chord. One example would be...Tweety.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
ANYONE can post a trailer, you say???

I have wanted to find this movie for so long. It is lost :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's great! And Ace Frehley to boot!

My hope was that this thread would be for anyone to post a trailer on, so, right on!

I noticed that in Europe different cartoon characters we take for granted are huge: here and there, they strike a chord. One example would be...Tweety.
I'm just jealous that their Top Cat movie was better than our Yogi bear movie (at least it looks like and my minor understanding of Spanish has me liking the plot.... Dibble gets replaced as a police officer with someone much more Big Brother-like as per my understanding... GAWD I hope they can dub this in English).

Yeah, I noticed other countries love certain characters we created better than us. That explains Eruope's fascination with the Disney Duck family that I just don't see here. And Paperinik, the Italian exclusive Donald Duck superhero comic.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Maybe we can let Electicmayhem1 choose the trailer of the day at the end of the day, from what has been posted. She's a rocker, therefore impartial, above it all!