The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
I want earwax flavored. Sure, it'd be gross, but then I could eat one and say, "Alas! Earwax."
LOL!!! That was *such* a great line. I think Dumbledore's inherent comedy was sadly underplayed in the first two movies. That was one of the only times we really got to see it.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
The ear-wax ones are, indeed, gross. Not a good present for your sweetie for Valentine's Day, in my opinion. The black pepper ones, though, are surprisingly tasty--if you like pepper, that is.

lili

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
LOL!!! That was *such* a great line. I think Dumbledore's inherent comedy was sadly underplayed in the first two movies. That was one of the only times we really got to see it.
Erin
maybe it will be better now there is a new dumbledore... i am sorry richard harris (mayherestinpeace), but you just didn't have the sparkle... i hope michael gambon can do better...

beaker

Reaction score
yay! the 26th valentines day in a row where I have no special sweetie to be with! Oh fate, how I love you! Someday, when Gary Coleman becomes president and flying cars get commercial, I shall finally have that rad muppet lovin geek girl, wheee!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
lili said:
maybe it will be better now there is a new dumbledore... i am sorry richard harris (mayherestinpeace), but you just didn't have the sparkle... i hope michael gambon can do better...
Well, he was pretty sick, especially for the second one. And as I said, I think the scriptwriter(s) robbed him of most of his really funny moments. It will be interesting to see what happens with a new director and new Dumbledore.
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
You know, those conversation hearts are fun, but I never liked the taste. Did they ever make them with Sweet Tarts? Now those would be yummy...
Erin
Yes they did! Sweet Tart Hearts. Yum :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Stay single Cory - its way cheaper. You can trust me on that ....... btw - be careful loving fate, the rad muppet lovin geek girl will probably get all jealous and burn your Fraggle Rock tapes !

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Well, he was pretty sick, especially for the second one. And as I said, I think the scriptwriter(s) robbed him of most of his really funny moments. It will be interesting to see what happens with a new director and new Dumbledore.
Erin
Well, I liked Richard Harris quite a bit, but I was also disappointed that the quirkier side of his personality was downplayed. One of the things I really love about Dumbledore is how off-beat and kooky he can be, yet also remain serious and respected. Maybe they didn't think audiences would buy him as an authority figure on-screen if they included much of his goofiness. I don't see why not--it worked for Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
beaker said:
yay! the 26th valentines day in a row where I have no special sweetie to be with! Oh fate, how I love you! Someday, when Gary Coleman becomes president and flying cars get commercial, I shall finally have that rad muppet lovin geek girl, wheee!
Aaaaaaww.....Hugs for Cory!!!
And, amen to that "burning Fraggle Rock taps" thing, Luke....I had a male friend who just got married, and HIS fiancee threw out ALL his comic books! (And he had a LOT!) A lot of really old, rare ones, too....And yet, he got to have a Cookie Monster groom's cake. Love is blind, AND on crack.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I liked Richard Harris quite a bit, but I was also disappointed that the quirkier side of his personality was downplayed. One of the things I really love about Dumbledore is how off-beat and kooky he can be, yet also remain serious and respected. Maybe they didn't think audiences would buy him as an authority figure on-screen if they included much of his goofiness. I don't see why not--it worked for Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back!
I know! And I think they did a great job of bringing out Gandalf's quirkier traits in Lord of the Rings. They definitely could have pulled it off. Like the "I want to say a few words... *random words* " and Harry: "What would you see if you looked in the mirror?" Dumbledore: "Socks. I've always wanted a nice pair of socks, and nobody ever gets them for me. :frown: " :stick_out_tongue:
Erin