ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I was about to make some shameless self promo, but I see my design already made it here. Yaay! Well, voting is out there already, folks!

Seriously... Disney should hire you to do more Muppet stuff. You and the rest of the Muppet comics bunch.

While I agree with some of the selections (and all of them are attractive) I definitely think Kenny's, Dave's or Patrick's should have placed in the top spot because they are actually adventurous in one way or another. Those, incidentally, will probably be the tees i purchase if they ever get the shopping cart working. I do like like that they have some base-color tee options. But I'm still kind of disappointed that a few key designs were snubbed. Once again i don't know how the voting works.
I'm just glad that the winners weren't all pilfered style guide photos. That stuff's for official mass merchandise releases.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Thank you. At least I won ah....uh...100 buck certificate:smirk: which I'm planning to spend in my other fellow competitors designs

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, I could easily see Alvarez' design repeated in a design for Muppet wrapping paper. I second Tooth's remark! :smile:

Edit: By the way, wasn't there supposed to be up-to-$3000 in cash for prizes? I guess the 3x larger number was used to draw people in. I mean, $1000 is very generous, but it's less than the Threadless contest. Hmmm....

Jasonzilla

Reaction score
The prize was "UP TO" $3000, depending on how many people voted. The more votes, the more prize money. Guess not that many people voted. Maybe somebody should have done a My Little Pony/Muppets mashup! Judging by all the MLP shirts on there, it would have gotten TONS of votes!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The prize was "UP TO" $3000, depending on how many people voted.

"Up TO $3.98 a piece! How 'bout that?" (valueless points for whoever knows what I'm referencing).

Yeah, I see certain merchandise with different interpretations of characters. There's a real slant for a retro late 60's Peanuts look. I've seen different versions of Looney Tunes on various things (though mostly their 90's redesigns)... and there's even stylized Mickey and Co stuff all the time. Why not have shirts with Langride, Alvarez or Paroline looking Muppets on there? Much more interesting than the same Animal heads.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Congratulations to the winners! :big_grin:

I'm not sure I'm entirely clear on the point of a theme for these contest if there is no reason for it whatsoever. Any one have information about that at all?