The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
nothing will top the originals, it's just looks on par with them, and that's what i'm hoping for.
Yeah I mean I've heard good things, but other things that disappointed me. I'm going to have my copy of The Muppet Movie on stand by at home just in case afterward, lol.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Fans of Richard going to see The Muppets in the future, you will not be disappointed. I won't spoil (unless someone wants me to), but there are a few characters of Richard's in the movie that haven't been seen in a long, long time.

-Kim

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, everyone - sorry I've been AWOL for a while. Life getting in the way and all that - plus I was hosting the family for Thanksgiving this year, so I was a tad busy.

But how's everyone doing? And it looks like a lot of people have seen the new Muppet movie - is it any good? I've been hearing that Scooter's got a fairly big part in it, among other things.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the movie is something everyone should go and see.

Scooter has a good-sized role. I wouldn't know if it's a decent-sized role, just, you know, his normal assistant self.
The one sequence that really shows Scooter off is, thanks to Slackbot's drawing in her own Fan Art thread, during the theater cleaning-up montage to the tune of We Built This City.
He also gets a line in the finale reprisal of Life's A Happy Song, so there's that to look forward to.
Oh, and the part where he fills in for Kermit where he says he's just a behind-the-scenes guy. And the trick Kermit tells him about facing a crowd of people.

So hope this helps Erin, happy holidays to you and yours.

Puckrox

Reaction score
So I just went and saw Being Elmo yesterday, and every time Richard was brought up I grinned ear to ear. My friend who was with me chuckled when I started bouncing in my chair the first time Richard was mentioned and murmuring "I love so much, Hannah, you don't even know."

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i went on opening night and the audience was nothing but die heart Muppet fans, two were dressed as Statler and Waldorf. when the movie was over we talked about it. so happy Uncle Deadly is back, and to see Wayne and Wanda in the background, awesome.
i saw it again with a bunch of my friends, and only one of them haven't seen TMS, just TMM so after when we had to explain who Thug, Beauregard, and Uncle Deadly to her, we could have slapped her. i'm going to lend her the seasons. loved the movie, so funny, not as good as the orignals, but MCC or MTI good, so i'm very happy. :flirt:

:sympathy: i want to see Being Elmo, it's not playing theatrically in Canada, i'm no Elmo fan, but Kevin Clash seems like an awesome person to meet.

omg, back to The Muppets [how are we gonna shorten a two word Muppet movie?] the pictures of Jim Henson, well, all the guest stars, but the first one with Jim and Kermit in his office, that one got me. there were plenty of cameo's [Neil Patrick Harris XD] but i still wish the original muppeteers were somewhere, like in the audience, have Steve and Dave in the front row or something... maybe they're hidden in the back. heck, they could have gotten Jerry... kidnap Frank :wink:

speaking of [sorry this is long] the guy who took over Jerry's characters, i find does an amazing job, you can tell it's not him, but it's very close. anyone catch that painful Fozzie line when his voice changed in the car asking about Miss Piggie? my sister shook her fist and yelled 'Jacobson!' [she really doesn't like him] finally, i really liked Scooters voice, it's the same as floyd, you can tell it's not Richard, but it's really close, and the reason it can never sound exactly like it is because it was Richard's voice, so the little subtleties in the voice can never be fully copied.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what that moment in the car was, I kind of noticed other little off-moments but nothing I could pinpoint at this moment, would have to and will go see it a second time.

Matt Vogel took over for Jerry's characters.

And they did get Jerry, he voiced the Announcer during the Muppets Telethon Spectacular and had a solo line during the finale reprisal of Life's A Happy Song (not sure what character though).

Puckrox

Reaction score
speaking of [sorry this is long] the guy who took over Jerry's characters, i find does an amazing job, you can tell it's not him, but it's very close. anyone catch that painful Fozzie line when his voice changed in the car asking about Miss Piggie? my sister shook her fist and yelled 'Jacobson!' [she really doesn't like him] finally, i really liked Scooters voice, it's the same as floyd, you can tell it's not Richard, but it's really close, and the reason it can never sound exactly like it is because it was Richard's voice, so the little subtleties in the voice can never be fully copied.
Matt Vogel has done a great job with all of Jerry's characters, and David Rudman's an awesome Scooter. And, aww, I really like Eric. I know there are some differences in his performance than Frank's, but I think he's doing a great job nonetheless.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
School is HARD! I just figured that out. :sigh: I needed to get back on this fourm because I'm GONNA SEE THE MUPPETS AGAIN :excited: Super stoked. So yeah, as we all know I'm a super Scooter fan so seeing him with the broom dancing while cleaning just made me SUPER HAPPY! SQUEEEEEE! No Twilight for me going to seeee meee some Muppets WEEEE!

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Oh and another thing to mention because I was squeeing about the Statler and Walorf costumes in my brain. I wanted to go to the opening night SOOOOOOOO badly you have no idea. However, I had school :mad:. Stupid school. Stupid 8 o'clock presention on my sibs day off. . .
I digress. I went opening weekend though, I saw it on Sunday. I wore my Electric Mayhem Tee and had a blast. My little brother and I were laughing the whole time. And you know, I actually LOVE LOVE LOVED Walter! HE WAS SOOOOOOOOOO Cute!
I also thought the song Pictures in My Head was sooo sad. I was crying a little. Totally deserves an Oscar, like no joke.