Rumor: Muppet Movie Blu-ray-DVD combo set coming soon

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
WHAT?? I thought Disney bought everything Muppets!! So how are they allowed to make TMTM refrences in the new movie? They have to buy TMTM from Sony, how does Sony still own it?
Disney owns Henson's previous share of the movie. Sony still owns distribution rights since they distributed it during it's original theatrical run.

jrxing

Reaction score
I got Muppets take Manhattan and christmas carol dvd for $5 at target this weekend. Walmart and amazon had good deals too. I figured my beloved vhs needed to be retired! But not my Muppet babies!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How reliable is that website? I noticed there's no official release date, and it looks like the "cover" is just one of "The Muppets" posters (with no "movie collection" note).

People have asked about The Muppets Take Manhattan, but that's already on blu-ray (as is Muppets from Space). Interesting that "Letters to Santa" will be included if this is a "movie collection", since that's a special.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I'm DYING to own TMM and TGMC on Blu-Ray (as well as the new movie), but that's it. I have no desire to own any of the other four productions listed here. I sincerely hope that if this is indeed an accurate listing, that at least part of the collection is released separately.

I already own the TMTM Blu-Ray and love it. Beautiful transfer of the film.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Thiiiiiiis needs to happen, but for DVD. I already own Muppets Take Manhattan on DVD, but none of these ones. I can't afford a blu-ray player though. Hopefully if it does happen they'll also release a DVD boxset because, oh my goodness, I would so pay to have it!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Thiiiiiiis needs to happen, but for DVD. I already own Muppets Take Manhattan on DVD, but none of these ones. I can't afford a blu-ray player though. Hopefully if it does happen they'll also release a DVD boxset because, oh my goodness, I would so pay to have it!
If it's any help, the Blu-ray box set would apparently include DVD copies of all of them.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Blu-ray.com is pretty reliable, i'm on their message boards too. If its really happening, then we can expect all of those on Bluray individually too (thats what Disney's been known to do)... which would be AWESOME!