My Muppet Book: Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos & What-Nots

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
I guess it's time to come clean! Some of you may have recently heard a slightly nervous English guy on the Muppetcast disccussing his new book, a complete Muppet history intended to update and expand upon the pioneering work featured in classic tomes like Of Muppets and Men and The Works. I am he... Or rather he is me... Or we are we... Wait a minute, who is she?

Anyway, I thought that some of you might be interested in finding out a little more about the book, so please excuse this plug.

Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos and What-nots - An Unauthorised Guide to The Muppets
by Andrew T. Smith

It’s time to play the music,
It’s time to light the lights…

Unashamedly cashing in on the first release of a new Muppet movie in over a decade, Miwk Publishing Ltd is proud to present Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos & What-Nots, your essential guide to the Muppets. For more than fifty years, Jim Henson’s creations have delighted audiences both young and old across the globe. From Sesame Street and the Muppet Theatre to Dog City and Fraggle Rock, the tales behind all of your old favourites are brought together in this indispensible guide to these enduring characters.

Episode guides, performer biographies and behind the scenes information work side by side to bring you the story of the Muppets; from their pioneering work on live television, to their breakout successes and their continued global mega-stardom, no stone is left unturned.

Written by what’s left of Andrew T, Smith, the writer who brought you Marx and Re-Marx: Creating and Recreating the Lost Marx Brothers Radio Series*, Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos & What-Nots is set to be a must have for Kermit, Piggy, Big Bird and Oscar fans of all ages, shapes, sizes and species.

*We heard it sold well on the planet Koozebane

THIS BOOK IS DUE FOR RELEASE LATE MARCH 2012

978-1-908630-02-5
More information is available at the Miwk Publishing website, or via their online store.

j3h

Reaction score
Sounds cool!
I found it on amazon, but it's not yet available for pre sale.
(I did add it to my wish list as a reminder)

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Thanks, I hope it lives up to your expectations! If your keen to pre-order, you can do so via my publisher's online store (linked above). They ship worldwide and, if you click the little widget in the corner, will convert the price to dollars.

Also - The Muppetcast page features an exclussive discount code which should save you a few bucks.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Great! We need a comprehensive Muppet history/reference book.I wish you well with it and will keep my eyes open for it.Thanks.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
I bet people would be even more interested if I could correctly type you're in my forum posts. Sorry j3h!

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought that some of you may be interested to know that I can now confirm that both Muppet Show directors Peter Harris and Philip Casson have been extensively interviewed for the book. You may also be interested to know that they are both lovely.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
WOW!! You're Drew Smith? I really want to get your book as soon as I heard about it on The MuppetCast! It sounds like a great book!
I haven't ordered it yet but I'm going to when it gets closer to the release date.
How much does it cost in america dollars? (With the MuppetCast checkout deal included)

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Hi there. I don't think anybody has ever said "Wow!! You're Drew Smith?" to me before so thanks for that :smile:

As of today, the book costs $21.16 from my publisher. That's linked to exchange rates, so may change for better or worse as the date of publication approaches. Don't forget to check out the Muppetcast interview for a discount code!

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Just a quick note to confirm some of my recent interviewees for the book; Bill Barretta, Brian Meehl and Muppet Show sound man Tedd Scott.

Things are still on track for a late March release date.