Interview with Dave Coulier on "Muppet Babies"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
In some point though you would have to think with the awards and just over all popularty of the show that they would do something with the Muppet Babies.
I really think here real soon people are going to be wanting to get anything and everything they can with the word Muppet on it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Soon is the word. It's a tricky situation. On the one hand, we have adults who grew up watching MB and have kids they want to share it with... that's the big market. On the other, we have those who remember Muppet Babies over the rest of the Muppet catalog because it was the easiest to access at that point (being on Saturday Mornings and all).

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I wonder if putting it on something like Playhouse Disney or The Hub would be the best way to test the waters on if the show can still be popular before hitting the DVD market.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's Disney Junior now... and somehow I want to think there's a place, but with the preschool programming they have on that network, it would be completely out of place. For one, Kermit doesn't ask someone to find something for 10 seconds before a fake audience answers his own question. For two, the show's entertaining and sharply written. No offense to Mickey's Clubhouse. I love that Ludwig VonDrake and Big Bad Pete are regular occurrences on that show, Pete got a Pez dispenser and for the first time ever, Ludwig VonDrake got a plush toy (I will treasure both forever)... but the one time I actually watched and I heard Mickey say "Who's that?" when asking where Goofy is in a tone that he'd talk to a newborn or a puppy, I felt dead inside.

I really hope the 24 hour version of Disney junior (which I STILL think needs to be a general Disney channel) manages to find a place for Bear reruns on the schedule, as well as Muppet Babies. MB would probably work better on the Hub, since it has that 80's nostalgia factor to it.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I feel like The Hub would be the best place also... considering it's run by Margaret Loesch, who a) ran Marvel Productions when Muppet Babies was in production, and b) ran Jim Henson Television for a time and helped put together The Odyssey Channel (which did run Muppet Babies IIRC.)

The Hub has licensed at least a couple of the Muppet movies from Disney... why not the series?

MuppetLady

Reaction score
Don't mean to make you all jealous but, thought i should share that I have met Dave Coulier in person at one of his stand-ups. He was absolutely hilarious and still is BRILLIANT with his voices.

I wish they would have had him do some of the MUPPET voices in the recent movie. I mean to me, he is the absolute best at doing it.

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
^JEALOUS. I'm a wrestling fan and he was named the commissioner of Chikara pro...I'd love to hear his thoughts on that lol

MuppetLady

Reaction score
Well actually, if you go to his official website. He has his list of where he's performing standup next. That's how I met him. He's a REALLY, REALLY nice guy and funny too obviously. If you want PM me and maybe I can give you his official website.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are getting way too hyped up about a very mediocre show.
It's one of the few 1980's cartoon staples that hasn't been released yet. Time Life eventually had Sony crack and release The Real Ghostbusters. That was one of the biggest hold outs. He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers and G.I. Joe(by the grace of Shout factory we got those back), TMNT, even the unfinished sets of Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers managed to be released at some point. We even got MASK recently for the first time in the states. I read Mill Creak is doing a special sampler of C.O.P.S. (already released in its entirety), Jason and the Wheel Warriors, and something else I forget off the top of my head. Shout's releasing Jem. Those are most of the big 80's cartoons right there.

MB is a hold out... with good reason, but a hold out none the less. And frankly, it's a LOT less mediocre than the preschool mess they call edutainment these days. Dora? Who wants to show their kids that when they can give them Muppet Babies?