Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Puckrox

Reaction score
hmmm a contender, and a cute one this Muppet battle will be awesome...winner should get a kermit trophy
I'm sure you'll be the reigning champion. I'm right now pretty set on purchasing all my own tickets, since I want the money to go towards the movie, but if it's still in theaters by the time I'm back from Xmas break odds are I'll start letting my roommate get me into showings for free. :big_grin:

zoebell

Reaction score
i will probably see it for the second time this weekend.

one of the other things i loved about it was the return to focus on kermit, piggy, and fozzie, who'd kind of been sidelined after jim's death and frank's lessening involvement. in the 90's gonzo kinda stepped up as the main muppet, so i understand him not having as big a part in this one. even though i did want to see the gonzo/rizzo element at least in one scene. i love them. maybe on the dvd.

Frogster

Reaction score
I've seen it 4 times now and I've still got people to see it with, I'm still in love with most of the songs, and I've been in such a great holiday mood because of this film. Despite what people like Chris Piatt and FOX News say, this is a fantastic film, and I've even had people ask me, "Muppet nerdiness aside, is it really good? Like, will I be able to watch it with my kids and not want to leave?" I always say, if you liked the Toy Story films at all, you'll like this movie.

No, not every song's a hit with adults who aren't huge Muppet fans like me, but consider this: the opening song is supposed to be a bit cheesy, with nearly the entire cast being humans, and the next song is Kermit singing a really beautiful yet serious song about how hard it may be in getting back together with some of the other Muppets. It's poetry and irony at the same time. Secondly, when they get to the hotel, Gary and Mary sleep in separate beds, but when the power is finally turned back on, we see Wayne and Wanda making out pretty hardcore.

There's plenty of other examples like this, but one thing that sticks out to me- and it's something you see throughout the entire film- is that the Muppets are the ones dealing with the more serious issues, not Gary or Mary. Did anyone cry when Gary went all the way back to Smalltown and made up with Mary? I didn't. But I cried all four times when "Rainbow Connection" was playing, and there's a shot of all the familiar faces we've known for years holding hands with each other as they walk onstage to join Kermit and Piggy, as if to say, "We're not perfect, but we're all in this together, no matter how this ends up." That's what a true, loving family is all about, and that's why it's doing so well.