Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

ploobis

Reaction score
Just got back from the movies, this is the 3rd time and week I saw the movie! :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I still have yet to see this awesome movie a second time, money has been an issue. Thankfully my Mom chipped in for our families' first big viewing!! There were twelve of us altogether, it was pretty fantastic. Lots of interruptions though, both my Son and my Nephew are in the under 3 crowd, I'm pretty sure I missed a few things, ha ha. Was hoping to catch another matinee before it leaves our theatre, but this weekend is going to be pretty busy with my Boy having his birthday party on Saturday. I'm sure we'll just want to recuperate on Sunday, lol.

I'd LOVE to be among the "seen it four times" gang though! :big_grin: Money sucks when you don't have it, and that's the truth! Lol.

Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm eventually going to see it for a third time and go with my little brother and dad. I've just been really busy lately to get around to it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm at three and will see it again, now that I know that the Movie Tavern is a nifty theater and their beef nachos are caloric heaven.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that the only time Uncle Deadly was mentioned by name in the movie, he's just called "Deadly".

ryan19

Reaction score
Howdy fans , it premiered today in my country , i went with 2 friends who knows my love for the muppets ... the crowd was more that what i was expecting & i was really glad to see that . And this is my 1st ever muppet film on the big screen , wad can i say i really loved it , i held back my tears at some point , the jokes & gags were fun & it wasnt just me laughing , so that is another good thing .
pictures in my head ... wow !!! i love that ...
the final life's a happy song was just the kinda muppet ending im so use to with the likes of TMM , TGMC & TMTM ... this is not the perfect muppet film But it is way better (in my eyes) that what iv seen from them in a long time . all that wait was finally worth it , it is sad to think tho that its like a roller coaster ride , u anticipate for the time your waiting in line , then you get on , you ride , you scream , it ends & that is it .... i'm so gonna miss like the past few months back where piratically everyday you would wake up & read or see muppets on the web , i hope this be a success so we (old fans & i pray new fans) will get to see so much more soon , Thanks to everyone who made this movie a reality , its been so long but was worth every single bit =D

ploobis

Reaction score
One of my favorite scenes in this movie is when Uncle Deadly confronts Richman and admits that in his heart he's a Muppet not a Moopet.

I also love his line "It's a idiom you idiot!" and of corse when Deadly has the last maniacal laugh.

I really love what they did with Uncle Deadly for this movie! I think Deadly would say the same thing he said in the Twiggy episode of TMS about his performance in this movie.

Uncle Deadly: "That may have been one of the greatest performances of my career"

12Medbe

Reaction score
^ Yes Deadly really re-deemed himself! I loved that.

I can't help but smile thinking about the recreated Muppet Show intro, It was a special treat!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I finally got to see the movie today! I couldn't get there earlier because of Christmas shopping and having my car painted. So I borrowed mom's car and made the 10 minute drive to the movie. Had to use the machine to purchase tickets since no one worked the box office in the afternoon, had to go back to retrieve my ticket because I thought I had the ticket in my hand when it was just the receipt.

I really liked the movie, glad to see a lot of the classic characters from the original Muppet Show in it (Dr. Strangepork didn't have a line though). It was interesting to hear Steve's voice for Link Hogthrob; Matt's voices for Uncle Deadly, Sweetums, Crazy Harry, and Lew Zealand; David's voices for Scooter, Janice, and Wayne; and Eric's voice for Marvin Suggs; they all sound pretty close to the original performers. I'll definitely be getting the DVD when it comes out, I got the soundtrack the other day.

After the movie, I treated myself to supper at Dairy Queen.

outerelf

Reaction score
You lot are a little on the crazy side XD I've only seen it once; I'm hoping to buy the DVD (hopefully they won't just blu-ray it, because I've got nothing to watch Blu-rays in) to watch it again.

But I have to admit, I loved the Pictures in My Head, as well as a Man or a Muppet. I don't get to watch TV a lot (I'm not usually in America) so I don't know why the theater broke out into cheers and whistles when Walter's manly part came into view, but that's fine.

The only part I thought was odd was that Walter's routine was the very last one. I think it's would've been much more heartwarming if the Rainbow Connection was the final one. Oh well. :sigh:

Otherwise, the movie was great!