eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it would have expired, unfortunately. I wanted a fozzie, and a rizzo!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Walter's a huge Muppet collector. It occurred to me last night, while half asleep, that it'd be downright creepy if he had any of the replicas.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yeah it would have expired, unfortunately. I wanted a fozzie, and a rizzo!
Don't we all??? I wouldn't know how to act if I got another Muppet!

Walter's a huge Muppet collector. It occurred to me last night, while half asleep, that it'd be downright creepy if he had any of the replicas.
I have them in my bedroom and I STILL admire my Muppets. Nothin creepy about them but pure masterpieces. But I want MORE MUPPETS!!!!!!

Chalback

Reaction score
Any word from eFX is they are going to continue the line or if anyone els will pick up the license>?

Walter

Reaction score
Lol, that would make a great follow up short!
Walter: and heres my room..
Kermit: Wow, you sure have quite the collection!
-MR kermit falls out of closet-
Kermit:Um..What's this..?
Walter: Nothing! Nothing!! It's not like Gonzo, Animal and Fozzie are in there as well!!!

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Efx is very aware of the movie's release and the missed opportunity by not being able to have product out corresponding with it...but "it's out of their hands". They can not make the posers if they can not find a Disney Approved overseas factory that can do Disney & EFX approved quality.
And from conversations at SDCC, it sounds like they are no longer looking.
Well, they could always catch the Muppets DVD/Blu-Ray release date which should be at least 3-4 months away. But that probably is not going to happen if they don't have a license anymore.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Well, they could always catch the Muppets DVD/Blu-Ray release date which should be at least 3-4 months away. But that probably is not going to happen if they don't have a license anymore.
A company needs at least a minimal of 12-18 months to get any product from concept to retail. It is not going to happen.
Lynn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney and EFX require a particular level of quality that isn't achievable at an acceptable price point. Any one of these posers would cost $550 - $1000 and there just isn't enough retail or consumer interest for the gamble. Not even as a limited edition piece. However, if these were made as puppets there most certainly would be enough interest. Disney will never agree to that, of course, and that's a good call. Perfectly understandable.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for this product. It's just not now or in the foreseeable future and not likely from EFX. The case kind of seems closed on this from all parties involved. I'm looking forward to seeing the other types of products companies will produce.

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
A company needs at least a minimal of 12-18 months to get any product from concept to retail. It is not going to happen.
Lynn
I never said it would happen. But since they still have a prototype, it would still probably less then 12-18months you projected as the would not be at the concept stage. Even if they decided today, they still would not make it by DVD/Blu-ray time anyways, which like you said is not going to happen.