Genuine Muppet Performers Autographs Set including Jim Henson

River8883

Reaction score
I have 'The Art Of The Muppets' signed by Kermit as well! Looks almost exactly the same as yours. I found my copy at a used bookstore - and in the pages, there is a letter, on Muppet letterhead, saying:
"It is our pleasure to send you the enclosed, in response to your auction request. We hope that it provides support for your very worthwhile undertaking, and we wish you well with your charitable endeavor. With kind regards, Ellen F. Wagner, Jim Henson Productions"
I'm assuming this is signed by Jim Henson - considering the book is a first edition from 1980, and Steve Whitmire didn't start playing Kermit until 1992.
But yes - I am curious as well - does anyone on here know if this is Jim's signature as Kermit?

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
I have 'The Art Of The Muppets' signed by Kermit as well! Looks almost exactly the same as yours. I found my copy at a used bookstore - and in the pages, there is a letter, on Muppet letterhead, saying:
"It is our pleasure to send you the enclosed, in response to your auction request. We hope that it provides support for your very worthwhile undertaking, and we wish you well with your charitable endeavor. With kind regards, Ellen F. Wagner, Jim Henson Productions"
I'm assuming this is signed by Jim Henson - considering the book is a first edition from 1980, and Steve Whitmire didn't start playing Kermit until 1992.
But yes - I am curious as well - does anyone on here know if this is Jim's signature as Kermit?
Interesting! I hope we both find out!

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I had to share these with you, because they may just be the BEST thing i've ever bought from Ebay if not from anywhere...period!

I often search for Jim Hensons autograph as it's always been something I've wanted to add to my collection, so I was surprised to see not just Jim, but the whole set of Muppet performers advertised together in one listing, by someone who had obtained an autograph book at a local auction and was selling all the various different pages individually but grouped the Muppet performers together, which makes sense I guess, but my eyes nearly popped out when I spotted these.

Sure enough when they arrived, I was delighted to discover they were indeed the genuine article and I couldn't be happier.

I imagine they were collected in the late 70s when I believe the Muppets performed on tour in some theatres across the UK(??) , I could be wrong, perhaps someone more clued up will be able to elaborate on that.
Oh, you are so lucky to have something as neat as this. I wish that I did.:sigh:

Dustin Rouse

Reaction score
I have an original autographed contract of Jim Henson, dated 1970. A portion of the contract has been cut off, and put into a matted display below Jim Henson's picture. The rest of the contract I have in my possession. It is signed by both Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl.
If anyone is interested in this piece, I am selling it for $2,000 (this includes the matted display along with the whole original contract).