Favorite Theatarical Muppet Movie

Fan Poll: What is your favorite Muppet Movie?

• The Muppet Movie (1979)

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Muppet Treasure Island (1996)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muppets From Space (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets (2011)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Timhodge

Reaction score
I voted for TMTM -- surprised to see it doing so well, but then we haven't got a lot of votes in yet. I think objectively it's probably the weakest of the original three, but it was the first one to come along when I was old enough to really carry it with me after I left the cinema. So I pretty much love everything about it, except (obviously!) Piggy's hair.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I voted The Muppet Movie. For me, that film does no wrong. Amazing, beautiful songs, really great camaraderie amongst the Muppet gang, a great speech by Kermit, hilarious gags, and so on. Nothing beats the opening, with the slow pan on "Rainbow Connection", and that last moment when the roof breaks open and the rainbow pours in. So beautiful. :smile:

Of course, I love all the theatrical movies and they each have a special place in my heart!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I really like The Muppet Movie, but I'm going to have to go with The Muppets on this one. :smile:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I really like The Muppet Movie, but I'm going to have to go with The Muppets on this one. :smile:
Yeah, it's a toss up between The Muppets and The Muppet Movie for me too. In the end though, I had to vote for The Muppet Movie; I remember it fondly from my youth, and "Can You Picture That" may be my all time favorite Muppet song. It's so groovy:sing:!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I like The Muppet Christmas Carol a lot as well as the first three films that were released because Jim was involved in all three. However, if I had to choose between them, my favorite would be The Muppet Movie. I love it because it's about how the Muppets made their dream come true and make it big in Hollywood.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie definitely. It was my least favorite as a kid, but now I feel it's definitely the best Muppet movie. It has the best soundtrack of the seven films, I like that rather than throwing in a potpourri of Muppets at once, they are gradually introduced, and we only have a big focus on five characters with smaller appearances throughout. The others are great, too, but the first one is the one that sticks out the most.

Puckrox

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie definitely. It was my least favorite as a kid, but now I feel it's definitely the best Muppet movie.
That's funny. I'm pretty sure it was my least favorite as a kid too, at least out of all the ones I'd seen. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well it seems the Muppets, and the original 3 are having all the love. I can't say I'm surprised.