ABC-DEF-GHI

10Cakes

Reaction score
Hi-ho! 10cakes here

I've been trying to remember for a while. Was there a version of ABC-DEF-GHI that Big Bird sang where he sees the alphabet written on the sidewalk? I know there's an audio sketch from the early records where he says he saw it on the sidewalk, but I seem to vaguely remember seeing one in which he did. Am I just imagining things? I know I've seen the original version ba few years ago, and I remember seeing the 80's version with Big Bird and Elmo's version. I saw a clip of the '72 version on the NPR site. Could it be this version I'm thinking of? I believe the one I'm thinking of used the soundtrack from the early records where Big Bird says "Boy! Look at that beautiful, absolutely marvelous word!" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1oCakes

P.S. If anyone has the '72 version, could you please upload it? Thanks!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi-ho! 10cakes here

I've been trying to remember for a while. Was there a version of ABC-DEF-GHI that Big Bird sang where he sees the alphabet written on the sidewalk? I know there's an audio sketch from the early records where he says he saw it on the sidewalk, but I seem to vaguely remember seeing one in which he did. Am I just imagining things? I know I've seen the original version ba few years ago, and I remember seeing the 80's version with Big Bird and Elmo's version. I saw a clip of the '72 version on the NPR site. Could it be this version I'm thinking of? I believe the one I'm thinking of used the soundtrack from the early records where Big Bird says "Boy! Look at that beautiful, absolutely marvelous word!" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1oCakes

P.S. If anyone has the '72 version, could you please upload it? Thanks!
Hi 10Cakes! (Boy..those 10chocolate cakes look scrum...)oh...sorry. Got sidetracked.:wink:
Your best bet is to check on Muppet Wikipedia. Here's their link:http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki And btw..you did me a favor. I thought I had heard and seen Elmo sing the song we're talking about (I have siblings 10 years younger than me so more than once I had to watch Sesame Street with them when they were kids) So since you said that Elmo sang it too, it wasn't my imagination!Thanks!
Kathy

10Cakes

Reaction score
Thanks. I already checked Muppet Wiki, but it only says the different versions, with a snapshot for some of them. When I just checked again, it did say that there was a '90s version with Big Bird and Stinky the Stinkweed, but I don't think I've ever seen that one, although I did watch that show up until the mid-'90s.

The original version and the '80s version with Big Bird, and Elmo's version are all available on YouTube

B

10Cakes

Reaction score
well, it says the versions and gives a brief description about them. Nothing about sidewalks though