Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Too bad the film's stopping in your city,.
The guy told me it's being extended to January 5th. It was another excuse to not give me the poster. But I checked up online. It's extended to Jan.5th but it's only like 2 showings a day in most theaters. I thought today would be the last day and there was a late showing downtown, so I made a trip out into downtown for this, but I couldn't miss the train so I had to leave early :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
I guess worrying is totally the wrong verb I was going for. Just, y'know, glancing over and seeing how they're reacting to the movie? I mean, the last girl I went to see the movie flailed her arms every two minutes, I kid you not, so it was pretty hard not to get distracted by her. I guess I'd just like to go see it in theaters where the only person I have to think about is myself.

Yup.
Im surprised ya havent seen it by yourself:smile: I felt bad seeing the muppets screen all empty today. Ive been going to the movies a lot lately since all the sort of drama/dramedy's I like are out around this time. Just kind of sad seeing noone going to see it. Oh yeah I hear what ya mean. My non muppet friends saw it and loved every second of it, so Im glad you had a similar experience. That sucks you dont have a car either. Today I walked several miles, but sometimes I take the bus to the other theater if Im not with friends.

beaker

Reaction score
You know... I always wanted some movie posters. There used to be video stores that would sell the promotional ones... I ruined most of them by now, but I had a nice Viva Rock Vegas one for a while.

Too bad the film's stopping in your city, no doubt due to the overload of movies coming out this weekend and next. I know of one theater here at least that will have it through Christmas. Too bad I don't have the money to see it again AND see Tintin. I was going to go back and see it, but I never got the chance to. Oh well, all the more reason for me to grab the DVD when it comes out.
theatrical posters can be found pretty cheap on ebay and some movie sites. yeah i miss when rental stores or other places used to give them away.

The Muppets is going to be one of the few dvds I'll actually pay for next year. Im just so sick of the new thing of not putting any features on the dvd OR blu ray. Its like they are begging people to torrent.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I got a poster at the midnight screening at AMC. And it is legit. It's huge. I have it posted over my bed at the moment. I still want the "They're closer than you think" one. Then, my collection should be complete!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was Vice President of my college's film club and I managed to take home a few posters back in the day. They're tucked away in a scrapbook I really should check them out again.

Leyla

Reaction score
Well, I realise I'm really late to the party here, but here's what I thought about The Muppets.

I LOVED it. Beginning to end, and the more I've seen it, the more I like it. I'm newly back from my fourth time seeing it. (I had to go four times, 'cause I had 3 movie passes, and I had to pay for it at least once. It's almost out of theatres here. Last day nearby is Christmas Eve. I may need to see it again, you know, 'cause I won't be able to see it again for a long time.) There's broad strokes that just knock me over, the music, the old school feeling, Piggy's general awesomeness, Kermit's expressions, return of Kermit/Fozzie bonding, the many, many references to previous muppet movies. Piggy's hair is constantly changing, and the way she's in her MTM hair for her last shot of the film... okay... I'm rambling too much here.

The little things are charming me too. Every obsessive muppet collectable that Walter has... it reminds me fondly of an old friend's muppety bedroom. The expression on the face of Walter's Prom date. The Kermit watch. Every subtle little Kermit expression. It's like watching a good human actor. Piggy had the twinkle in her eye again. Yay! Fozzie's teddy bear. Scooter sleeping on his stomach in the hammock. Beaker's axe. That sheep wandering around eating things backstage. Everything Piggy wore. The paintings in Kermit's house... just amazing in every way. Love the sexy Piggy Painting that Kermit's covered up. Walter whistling in general, and especially when he's trying to sing Together again, and when he's tied to the sponges. Such cute goggles! Scooter's "15 minutes to curtain". I never thought I'd ever see that new again. Playing the "Find Rizzo" game. (I miss that little guy.) The muppet theatre rebuilt. Jason's genuine muppet love. You just can't fake it. The fact that the whole movie feels like a good fanfic brought to life. Uncle Deadly FASCINATES me in this. Jerry's announcer voice... Kermit's banjos on the wall.

I should really stop now. Who wants to read a giant list, really. Anyway, I'll end it with a couple of Rainbow Connection comments. Everyone singing it. The theatrical high tech gidgets like the snow and water circles. The way it made me see just how a new TV show could be done, and done well. And, because I can't resist, the Kermit and Piggy mutual on the lips smooch that looked really good, and must have been technically tricky to pull off (based on the fact they've always cheated kiss before.)

Apologies for the bad sentence structures. I can do better, but I am too wired, and tired, to care.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Went and saw it for a sixth time today. Still love it.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Well, I'm also very late to the discussion. I probably don't have anything much to say that hasn't been said. I also enjoyed it VERY MUCH!!! So did my wife, 2-year old daughter, and 2-year old nephew (and both grandmas too!). We were all totally absorbed and enchanted. Saw it opening weeekend, and there was a very long line for the next showing! Well played, Muppets well played.

By the way, the soundtrack is in HEAVY rotation at our household. In my opinion one of the only misfires in the movie/soundtrack is the use of "We Built this City." Uggh. If you have an ipod or some time of mp3 player, I highly, highly recommend replacing this track with "Can you picture that?" from the first muppet movie. It flows so naturally from Dr. Teeth's spoken "Well all right!" immediately prior. That was one of the only things I missed in the new movie: an Electric Mayhem song. C'mon guys, they're a band! They've had songs in all of the classic movies.

Nitpicking aside, everyone in the world needs to see this movie, Muppet lover or Tex Richman muppet hater. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In my opinion one of the only misfires in the movie/soundtrack is the use of "We Built this City." Uggh. If you have an ipod or some time of mp3 player, I highly, highly recommend replacing this track with "Can you picture that?" from the first muppet movie. It flows so naturally from Dr. Teeth's spoken "Well all right!" immediately prior. That was one of the only things I missed in the new movie: an Electric Mayhem song. C'mon guys, they're a band! They've had songs in all of the classic movies.
I couldn't agree more, lol. I mean come on, "We Built this City" represents a once deep, thoughtful band (Jefferson Airplane) selling out in the '80s. Not to mention the Electric Mayhem band are clearly a product of the '60s and '70s and "Can You Picture That" fits their image so much better. :big_grin: