Pricing Help for Bert and Ernie Prop Puppets

Reaction score
I was wondering what my Bert and Ernie are worth. They were used as props for Sesame street a while back but was wanting to sell them. I was going to list them on ebay but wasnt sure what I would get. Any ideas what they could be worth ? I cant find anything like them anywhere on the web, are most of the old props gone ? Bert is over 4 feet tall and Ernie is almost 5 feet tall. Heres a link to their pics. Any help is greatly appreciated thnx

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h369/sfdsf1/?action=view&current=bert.jpg

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h369/sfdsf1/?action=view&current=ernie.jpg

Animal31

Reaction score
Did you try an eBay search under life-size or props? Honestly, I'm not sure there is a "set" value for things of this nature. You could start the bidding at $400.00 and see where it goes, or if you have a set price in mind, do them as a buy it now with a best offer option and see what people are willing to pay.

And keep us posted!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I get an error message when I click the eBay links. :frown: So, what are these, costumes? They're so big, and shiny! Ha ha. I thought that was very different, but they are indeed awesome collectors items. Good luck! :smile:

Reaction score
Sorry not sure why they arent working. They actually arent costumes they are lifesize props they arent cheesy either they were made for the actual sesame street. I got them a while back from someone who used to work for sesame street she said they were used as props. Pretty neat right. They were used a while back on the older sesame street. If you go to ebay.com and type in life size sesame street they should both come up. I know they are awesome but hoping to sell for and use the money for Christmas gifts for my kids. Thanks for the reply

Animal31

Reaction score
Auction came up, great information included, including the part about the cute kid.... :smile:

I'm sure they are 100% authentic, but Iwonder why they used such a weird shirt pattern for them? I was curious what you mean when you say "used as props"?

And good luck with the auctions, they should sell well at those prices!

Reaction score
I say props because when I bought them I bought them off of a lady who used to work for Sesame Street. She said they were used as props. I guess I should have asked more info but I was just so excited over them at the time lol. I dont want to just make up something about where they are from so I can only say as much as I know. It stinks because I would like to be able to say more about them and what they were used for and I do have people asking. If you find anything out please let me know. Thanks

rtgentry

Reaction score
I actually have a pic next ernie as a kid. It was at a mall where they had a count prop as well. I think it was a department store promotion back in the early 80's. Because I am 33 now and I was like 3 or 4 then

matleo

Reaction score
I was going to say these look like the displays from the Sesame Street section that they used to have at JCPenny's when i was kid. I remember going to the mall with my mom and jus the idea of 'walking past' the Sesame Street display was the most exciting thing to me. Of course if we could stop and look and I could play that was cool too but I loved just seeing these things when we walked by. I am fairly certain that is where these came from.

--Matleo

Reaction score
I just found out their heads are made of fiberglass. Do you remember if the ones at jc penny the same ?