Muppet Family Christmas

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just watched it on youtube. I got all teary at the end. Someday I really hope my Christmas' can be just like that. Not that I've ever had a bad Christmas, but the thought of spending an entire day surrounded by dozens upon dozens of friends seems utterly lovely to me.

Yorick

Reaction score
Indeed, Puckrox - it's lovely to have all the Muppets together as they are in MFC - it's heartwarming to watch this special!:jim: When it comes to humans, though...it could be tough to get to spend time with each person if you were at such a gathering! I think it's tough to spend adequate time at some of the larger family gatherings my family has (which isn't very often) and we're not a large number when compared to the MFC crew! :busy: But it is a nice thought that you have. I think the main thing about MFC is that everyone is together, though the large number is indeed a side effect of that! :drool:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
If Disney ever releases the uncut version on DVD, I'd buy it and watch it with my niece. I'm just getting my niece into muppets, she watches Fraggle Rock reruns and loves it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK, I'm watching my new VHS of Muppet Family Christmas right now!

Animal: Oh...pig... :halo:

For some reason I adore the shot of Kermit talking on the phone with Piggy, it's such a sweet and sensitive moment.

You know, even though I know Robin is Kermit's nephew, I kinda miss him being Sir Robin the Brave, lol.

Doc does such a good job playing the bewildered human in this special, lol. And I love how he's touched by Sprocket's moment with Rowlf.

Ah and here's Scooter ready to destroy some more Muppet canon with some random, out of nowhere home movies! :wink:

You know now that we have a chance to compare, the Sesame Street Muppets are so much more cute and cuddly looking than the other Muppets, lol.

I always imagine that since the Sesame Street Muppets are here for Christmas, then Muppet Show characters like Sweetums must be on Sesame Street this year as part of an exchange program, lol.

Aww, I can see remember watching Bert and Ernie's small talk scene as a child. :frown::stick_out_tongue:

I love how Scooter actually laughs at the Newsman getting clobbered, lol. :wink:

I think that's good for now. I'll see if there's more observations later on.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK Part 2!

How dated that Piggy has to find a payphone to contact Kermit, lol.

How could Fozzie have been completely unaware that his mother was friends with Statler and Waldorf? I mean it seems like the kind of thing they'd love to taunt him with! Lol

Doc: "Well we didn't know any of you a little while ago, and now we're friends!" I love this sort of hippie aspect to the Muppets that was all about different kinds of people with nothing in common becoming friends. It's something that's become pretty cliche now, but back in the day it was so new and optimistic. :smile:

My Dad has the same fur hat as Doc, lol.

I like that they bring the Snowman back just to show he didn't melt, lol.

I love how Robin shakes his head at being accused of being a noted germ carrier, lol.

Wow...Oscar is talking about Miss Piggy...this special is truly BEYOND EPIC!!! Lol :grouchy::mad:

Anyone else ever feel comforted by Richard Hunt as the Snowman singing, "Sing the sad of heart to cheer"? :: sniff :: : )

Miss Piggy is brilliant in the mink scene, lol.

Aw, Kermit kissed Piggy. The perfect ending. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't quite get the "it's cold enough to freeze your winebago" running gag.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I love this special. One of the few times we see Muppets from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock and even Muppet Babies be together for the holidays like this. I always love the part where Kermit and Robin meet the Fraggle Five for the first time and Jim's cameo at the end. Certainly one of the best Muppet specials there is.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't quite get the "it's cold enough to freeze your winebago" running gag.
I *think* that was based on the idea that this particular car (?) was good for all weathers.

But, I noticed an old copy of Muppet Magazine (details to follow) has some interesting details about this movie that really changes the way that I view it. For starters, who is Agatha T Bear?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But, I noticed an old copy of Muppet Magazine (details to follow) has some interesting details about this movie that really changes the way that I view it. For starters, who is Agatha T Bear?
I saw a scan of that elsewhere. It referred to Fozzie's mom as Agatha instead of Emily (her name was only briefly mentioned in the special). I think that was a 1988 issue, so it was a year after the special was first broadcast. And it's especially odd that in the letter from Fozzie's mom (and Fozzie's invitation), she's aware that Fozzie plans to visit, but is unaware that Fozzie plans to bring all his friends as a surprise.