Kermit- Poser AND Puppet possible??

Reaction score
So I'm working on my pattern in photoshop, but I'm not very good with the whole thing, so could you guys look at it and see if my scale is right? This fits on a full 8.5x11" sheet. Thanks!

Greg

Animal31

Reaction score
I had just went thru this recently myself, more than one has mentioned Kelly Green...

Reaction score
Any suggestions for my scaling problem? In Photoshop, I scaled the eye cycle indent to 40 mm, as that's the diameter of a standard ping pong ball, but when I printed out that head, it filled an entire 8.5x11" sheet of paper, and it just seems huge. Any suggestions?

Greg

Animal31

Reaction score
Try to find smaller ping pong balls or order the half dome ones on-line. They are about 30mm and come with posts that you can either use or snap off and glue the eyes on. If you went by the standard ping pong ball, you may be correct, but Jim Henson also had huge hands....good luck

Reaction score
So here's the felt I ordered from Janet at FeltOnTheFly on Etsy. It's the lemon lime shade, and very nice. I will need to starch it, tho. Also, it's slightly less wide as a standard sheet of felt, so I may need to get creative when patterning out my collar and the soles of the feet. Either way, it's quite lovely.

And here's my attempts at blending the seams. This is the Henson stitch on standard anti-pill fleece, and while I'm still considering Kermit 1.0 to be more about learning techniques than accuracy, I'm still trying my best to make it look as good as possible.

Thoughts?

callmemilo

Reaction score
That blending's looking good, Gregory. Looking forward to seeing how your Kermit turns out. Really exciting stuff. :smile:

WalkingEye

Reaction score
Hello, on the issue of scaling, i think what is causing your pattern to seem too large is that Kermits eyes aren't quite full hemispheres. they're a bit smaller than the ping-pong ball cut in half. If you take a ping-pong ball and cut it at it's equator you'll get your 40mm's but you should then mark a line a few mm's above that cut line and and recut it there. that makes the circumference of the eyes smaller and therefor you'll be able to scale the pattern to this new size and it'll be better proportioned.