Who Owns Muppets from Space?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I just wanted to know who owns Muppet From Space. I think it's Tri Star/Columbia, but I wanted to know for sure. Thanks! :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes, Sony still owns MFS and TMTM. Becuase they were the ones that distributed it when it came out
I wished Disney would own those.. I'd much rather see it in the hands of Disney.

beaker

Reaction score
I disagree. Disney way overcharges. MFS and TMTM have long been $5 dvds under Sony. Under Disney they'd continue their tradition of ripping off parents in this struggling economy by charging $20 or more for dvds(not even blu ray)

Also I really do not care for the Disney rerelease of The Muppet Movie. Other than the Pepe thing added, it seems to be missing some of the great stuff from the original release. All Disney cares about is squeezing as much money as possible from customers, because they know they can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I disagree. Disney way overcharges. MFS and TMTM have long been $5 dvds under Sony. Under Disney they'd continue their tradition of ripping off parents in this struggling economy by charging $20 or more for dvds(not even blu ray)

Also I really do not care for the Disney rerelease of The Muppet Movie. Other than the Pepe thing added, it seems to be missing some of the great stuff from the original release. All Disney cares about is squeezing as much money as possible from customers, because they know they can.
I wish I got the original Sony The Muppet Movie, it had some rare footage that SHOULD have been on the Disney release. Even the rereleases of MCC and MTI, stuff they already released lack stuff from the previous releases (though I'm glad they're in wideframe).

I agree... getting MFS and MTM cheap with some small features (though I wonder why MFS has no deleted scenes other than ones that were in blooper form) was more worth it. MFS is much better to watch with the MST3K style commentary (even though its flickery).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that we didn't have to wait for the new film to hit Blu Ray also proves Beaker's point. Not that I care about BR one way or another.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have a tape version, and a disc. I actually enjoy this movie a lot more than most muppet fans. I was 4 when it first came out though.