Kermit - my first puppet build and first forum post

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, I just noticed that ur walls in the first few pics look like they're Kermit-Green! :smile:

WalkingEye

Reaction score
Rowlfy: thanks!
ElmoPepper: it's clear template plastic i bought at the fabric store; i guess it's used for making quilt patterns and such. it's really easy stuff to use, relatively strong but quite flexible. i ended up doubling up the thickness for my build though.
Kermie: you can't go wrong with Kermit-green!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Right ON! I have been needing to paint my bathroom...
:big_grin:

So have you performed him for anyone? Or is he just for you? I remember taking my Kermit to a hospital years ago, to sing Rainbow Connection for my stepdad who was recovering from heart surgery. During the first verse, I noticed other patients, visitors, and staff starting to gather outside the room. Afterwards there was a full-on crowd! Kermit talked to a couple kids, but I was too shy to carry on for too long, lol. That was a really great feeling though, making all those people happy!

I hope you get to share your talent!
:smile:
Anthony

WalkingEye

Reaction score
that's a wonderful and endearing story Anthony! My Kermit was out and about entertaining my family christmas day... my cousin and her 2 year old were thrilled to skype with kermit. that's been about it so far though. You really feel on the spot when Kermit's on your arm. which is funny because no one actually looks at you, ther're all looking at the puppet.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Wow, this is a good looking Kermit you've crafted here! Very well done.

And yeah, performing Kermit is fun but nerve wracking too! People love Kermit so much that they really expect him to be the frog! I couldn't do a Kermit voice at all when I built my first replica. I had him at a family reunion and everyone wanted him to sing Rainbow Connection and such, but he had to just shake his head and stay mute! I was able to make up for it with a full performance the next year, and now Kermit is a staple of family gatherings since I can perform him a bit more comfortably. He's a member of the family!

I'll bring Kermit out around my friends too, but I still only like to use him around people I know. Too much pressure to be Jim Henson otherwise! :stick_out_tongue:

Liamblackere

Reaction score
I love it !!! did you make a pattern for it? or was it done by eye as you went along ? I cannot say how much I LOVE this puppet its amazing!!!!

WalkingEye

Reaction score
Thanks Toodles! When I focus, my Kermit voice is pretty good... A bit more Steve than Jim to be honest though. It's getting better. When I'm just goofing around my Kermit seems to sound like a slightly drunken Ray Romano.

Liam: thanks too! I mostly just jumped into it. I saw the drawing of the disassembled master replica head. It seemed off to me so I drew up my own version. The angle of the mouth and roundness of the peak of the head are different as was the underjaw/ neck area. pretty much a total refining but the image of the MR was good for understanding the broad strokes. The mouth assembly I just completely guessed at the size relative to the mouth opening and luckily got it first shot. The rest of the body was just eye-balled too. So basically all I have drawn down is the head and mouth assembly patterns.

Elmopepper: arm rods are coming! I just haven't had any time the past week. he does have an arm sleeve, just tucked up into the body.

Liamblackere

Reaction score
Happy New year sir , I really hope that I dont sound A pain but would you be able to draw
Me up a copy ,as I think your version is fantastic! Please & Thankyou