human arm puppet pattern

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I wish I had a scanner handy. I just spent a week here working on new live arm patterns. I will try to get it posted or some pics, but no promises.

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Rufus?

I was curious who Rufus was also. Oh well, that is a nice humnan arm pattern. I just finished up sa et of human arm sleeves for a puppet today myself. :cool:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
these are cool and i thank you all but any one have one like fozzies or erinies arms

wes

Reaction score
Hey I sketch-up this for you to give you a basic idea its as simple as this hope this helps:smile:

Human Arm drawing

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
An alternate design is to have the sleeve (where the puppeteer's arm is inserted in to the "live arm" of the puppet) at the wrist, rather than the elbow. Where it goes really depends on how the puppet will be used and what is more comfortable for the puppeteer.

Phantom

Reaction score
I did a performance once where we used one of our regular puppets as a human arm puppet by dressing he (the puppet) and I in white Oxford shirts. I stayed infront of the puppeteer manipulating the puppet and performed all of the hand actions without being attached at all. (Keep in mind we were working behind a 6' tall curtain) It looked good in practice on the monitor and when we reviewed performance footage.

This is a quick and easy option if you find yourself in need of a human character.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Sounds similar to the method I use with my makeshift live-hands: I pull a long-sleeved shirt over the puppet's head so he's wearing it, then I stick my arm up through the shirt's bottom opening and the left sleeve, then add an appropriately-colored glove if needed. A somewhat limited range of movement, but it works well for temporarily converting an already-existing puppet into a live-hand.