First Puppet: Kermit the Frog

gojira54rules

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a good artist and computer person, but this is my first time I had ever tried to sew and stitch. So what's better to make than a replica of my all-time favorite muppet: Kermit.

I've been working on him for almost two weeks. Had to do a little playing around with the template I made for the head and a lot of messing around to get the collar looking okay.

While he looks great to me, I can see the obvious results of being a beginner at sewing. But he looks good for a first attempt.

Here are some pics of him:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Really cool! I must say, eons better than my first attempt years ago, lol. Well done! :smile:

gojira54rules

Reaction score
FINISHED!!!!!! Got the eyes glued on and the pupils attached. All that is left to do is to make the handles for the arm rods. I think he turned out wonderfully! (Can't hold my excitement!) Next thing to do is practice the voice (if I can do it.....).

gojira54rules

Reaction score
Okay. Kermit is now 100% finished! :smile:
Made the handles and primed and spray painted them black.

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of the frog! Soon I'll load a sketch of my next puppet I have in mind. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
This Kermit is great! Extemely good job for your first attempt at any puppet PERIOD!! I really hope you've got some young'uns around (kids, nieces, nephews, etc.) to introduce the Muppets into a new generation!! Great lead-in for the movie later on this year.

Again, very well done!!
:big_grin:
Anthony

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Wow, you did a really good job on that one. You sure this is the first time you've done a puppet?:coy: Quick question, what did you use for the arm rods?

gojira54rules

Reaction score
Wow, you did a really good job on that one. You sure this is the first time you've done a puppet?:coy: Quick question, what did you use for the arm rods?
Thank you! The rods I used were 1/8in. Tig Welding Rods with 1/2in. Wooden Dowels for the handles. :big_grin:

Liamblackere

Reaction score
Its Amazing ! Could you please Pm me some details on how you made him?