Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

sesamekid75

Reaction score
Hello to all of you, it's Sesamekid75! I am really quite new to forums in general, so this is my attempt at replying! But more to the point, I saw the Muppet movie about two days after it made its debut. I had the privillege of going to the theatre to see it, something I used to do all the time during my childhood. I can't begin to describe... when you see tons of children there watching and laughing and in awe of the whole thing ... you really appreciate how the generations can come together like that. At least, I did! I've read some fan reactions and love the ones about the children. I don't remember the exact scene but near the end, when they were putting on the final show they'd worked so hard to create, I began applauding after each performance, not annoyingly loud though, just to myself, and a while later, a single child in the back joined me. I thought that was so adorable! Anyway I'll check the replies but if anyone has suggestions on alternative ways to post, or wants to message me, feel free!

sesamekid75

Reaction score
I know I heard Jerry Nelson do the narration during the telethon the Muppets did in this film! I didn't catch his name in the credits, but his voice is so unique - it HAD to be him! So, I checked Jerry's IMDB page to see if the man himself was involved, and for 2011 next to The Muppets, it says: "Telethon Announcer (voice) (uncredited)"

How wonderful!:sing:
Okay, I think I've got this reply thing down now, maybe. Who is Jerry Nelson? I hope I spelled his name right. I've heard of him. Did yo
u mean in your reply that he just didn't want his voice to be credited? Please explain!

Writersright

Reaction score
I know I heard Jerry Nelson do the narration during the telethon the Muppets did in this film! I didn't catch his name in the credits, but his voice is so unique - it HAD to be him! So, I checked Jerry's IMDB page to see if the man himself was involved, and for 2011 next to The Muppets, it says: "Telethon Announcer (voice) (uncredited)"

How wonderful!:sing:
It is Nelson but don't trust IMDB too blindy as everyone can submit information to IMDB whether it's true or false.

Princeton

Reaction score
I think it's sarcasm...
Sadly, no. I hated everything about this movie; easily the worst film of 2011. And I'm not giving a reason why because no matter how strong my opinions are, they will not be accepted. Therefore, I'm saving myself some aggravation and cruel words and that's all I'll say.