Is this true about Steve Whitmire?

Iggy35

Reaction score
Oh, lighten up!

IGGY35

Infinity Sirius said:
No offense, but what Steve said was very important considering the circumstances and I think it's not a good idea to make fun of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok Steve is very serious about taking over such a task as being kermit. I honestly think he has done a wonderfull job and should really not be taken lightly all the wonderfull work he has done with Kermit. He is even still being able to keep the good conection betewn Kermit and Piggy which i thought would fade away because i just didnt think that Steve and Frank where a good pair. but with Eric i think there is hope.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
When the news came that Steve would be taking over Jim's puppets,I wondered if he would be able to. I think that obviously Steve is no Jim,but I think he's done a pretty good job so far keeping Jim's characters alive,the best way he knows how.I'm very proud of Steve,always loved his work.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Iggy35 said:
I was in a shop the other day trying to decide between two shirts.
Jim appeared and suggested I buy the blue one.
so I did,.....and I've never looked back!

IGGY35
Uch, very funny.

Really.

It is.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I remember Steve was talking at Muppetfest about trying to perform Kermit for the first time, and not being able to do it.Then he remembered that Jim made funny mouth movements while performing Kermit, so he did them and then that made him able to do Kermit.

Borples

Reaction score
You know what I love about the dream story? Besides everything? I love that Jim was all busy and distracted. From all we know of him, it seems like he wouldn't want to "rest in peace." I like to think that he still has important things to do.

All of the stories about how Steve was able to take over Kermit are fascinating to me. Not only that, but the fact that he was available to do so. If you look at his history with the Muppets, it's pretty clear that Jim was grooming him to be a main Muppet performer from the moment he hired him--or at least from not very long after. He was part of every major Muppet production after that. Nobody could have known what was going to happen, but there Steve was, a main performer without a main character. And then he just happened to be able to perform Kermit ("just happened," after a lot of hard work, but still). Dave Goelz described it as a "miracle" once, and I don't think that's too far off.