Favorite Books/Authors

Puckrox

Reaction score
I really love the works of Alice Sebold, Suzanne Collins, Stephen King, and Harper Lee. :big_grin:

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
I'm in love with this book...........
Anne Frank: Diary of A Young Girl

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm almost halfway through Stephen king's new novel, 11/22/63, and I absolutely love it! I'm definitely going to be reading more of King once I'm finished with this one.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Several people have now mentioned "The Book Thief" to me. I'm going to have to take a look.

Careful with King...he's writ some wonderful stuff, but also some real dogs. ("Cell", f'rinstance. Yugh.) Best of King: "'Salem's Lot," "The Stand," "Everything's Eventual," "Night Shift," "Danse Macabre," "The Shining." I liked "Duma Key" and "Under the Dome" and about half of "Just After Sunset" a great deal; still slugging through "Full Dark, No Stars" and haven't made up my mind yet, although the writing in that one is lush. I know very little of the Dark Tower series, though I liked the first book he did with Peter Straub, "The Talisman." Good to hear the new one is worth a read! The concept sounded intriguing.
--------------------

Puckrox

Reaction score
Just finished Mockingjay. I started The Five People You Meet In Heaven last night, which should be a fairly quick read. Then I'm gonna read Bossypants and then the second book in the Game of Thrones series.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
i'm just finishing Stephen King's Desperation!.....awesome book....it's a bit creepy tough, the cover with the doll....ugh!

thlog

Reaction score
I really enjoyed reading the Hunger Games series and the girl with the dragon tattoo Series.

At the moment i am reading Steve Jobs (or actually listing to the audio book)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
I'm going to have to check the Hunger Games out...the premise reminds me of "Running Man" a bit.

Welcome in, thlog! Hey, why don'tcha introduce yourself in the New Members thread? We like newbies...with fries and a Coke...kidding. :news: Nice to see so many new folks jumping right in!
--------------

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
Such a sad book, I just cry from this book.
de end is just.......sad......that last thing she writes on what August 1, 1944?....i just cried in front of my class........thank god i wasn't born in the time of the Holocaust...i would have been dead........but that's one of the saddest books i've ever read....