Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

Drtooth

Reaction score
Skeletor's the reason I watch He-Man. The rivalry he has with Hordak is pretty funny.

Though I almost bought a Hordak figure at a CW Price for cheap, but I saw a Transformers Puzzle with a small Optimus Prime figure, and it was the only one left...

Ozymandias

Reaction score
If I may add in antagonists from books:

- Nathan Price from The Poisonwood Bible. He is THE biggest example of all that can go wrong in missions work rolled up into one ignorant, racist, chauvenistic, condescending man, and throughout most of the novel I wanted to strangle the guy. This is something that my mother, normally a peaceful woman, and I both agree on. :mad:

Yorick

Reaction score
Earlier I said the Blockheads in Gumby (since they do not have even one good personality trait - they're always doing bad things to good people) and Palpatine in Star Wars (who most of us first got to know in Return Of The Jedi, and boy is he hard to like!) and I stand by those choices. I could never root for them. But I seem to (almost!) recall a film I saw in the last few years that had a villain who was even more difficult to like, though I can't remember right now, strangely enough. But can anyone make an honest argument as to why Palpatine is actually likeable? I don't expect one can. He seems impossible to like - he's just too evil.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and Palpatine in Star Wars, who most of us first got to know in Return Of The Jedi, and boy is he hard to like!
I'll half agree. I don't like him when he's the Emperor in the original Star Wars. But I did like him in the prequels as Palpatine, probably because he was the best thing in those cinematic mistakes, hehe. :wink:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Totally Ben Linus. Didn't root for him at first, but he turned out to be the biggest victim on the show. And besides, he's way cooler than Jack, let's just face it.
Ben Linus is the best written character in all of television history. Hands down.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ben Linus is the best written character in all of television history. Hands down.
Woot!! >bestie hand slap< I watched the season 4 finale last night, so don't even get me started on that...:big_grin:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Woot!! >bestie hand slap< I watched the season 4 finale last night, so don't even get me started on that...:big_grin:
Lost is, without a doubt, my favorite show of all time. I've only watched it once all the way through, and that was when it was still airing on TV. It ate up my life for a good six years, and not a day goes by where I don't miss it. I do own the DVD boxset, so I'm thinking this summer I should marathon my way through it.

But yeah! The season 4 finale is intense!!!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Lost is, without a doubt, my favorite show of all time. I've only watched it once all the way through, and that was when it was still airing on TV. It ate up my life for a good six years, and not a day goes by where I don't miss it. I do own the DVD boxset, so I'm thinking this summer I should marathon my way through it.

But yeah! The season 4 finale is intense!!!
Me and my sis watch it on Netflix...we've gone through it three times, but it's still our favorite thing to do at night. Curl up and eat popcorn and get LOST...

Yorick

Reaction score
I'll half agree. I don't like him when he's the Emperor in the original Star Wars. But I did like him in the prequels as Palpatine, probably because he was the best thing in those cinematic mistakes, hehe. :wink:
Ha, I too wasn't so keen on the prequels...episode 1 was my least liked, and they got better from there, but none came close to the original trilogy. And that really drives the point home that you didn't like the prequels, when a character you didn't like in the classics becomes the favorite in the prequels :smile:

My favorite moments in the prequels are when Sir Christopher Lee is on the screen. Therefore, I don't think I shall be seeing Episode 1 (which he's not in) in the theaters this February when it's re-released in 3-D. (By the way, I wonder why there's no promotion on TV for this?)