Rowlf or Uncle Deadly Replica?

Walter

Reaction score
Well.. I wouldn't call him a replica..But I have made an Uncle Deadly "Puppet.. I have never gotten a good pic of him up because, like the real puppet, it takes two to three people to operate him..The body is a blue sweatervest that has been shaped to add depth, and the neck is a continuation of this plus a new white tube sock. the head is polar fleece that has been built up to resemble his features...And finally, the mouth doesn't open.. Why? Well, he was a midway project..started out as just a plush head.. but I can operate his nose. I'm more of a Peter-Linz type then a Jerry-Neslon type..so his voice would be aweful...and no offense to Peter Linz if he can do an Uncle Deadly voice:smile:.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is him with stuffing in his neck and snout standing in for an arm..The arms are having issues at the moment so i didn't include them in the pic..I'm considering making a new deadly my next big project..one with the accurate furry body and antron fleece head..

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That's really cool Walter, excellent work! Looking forward to seeing your puppet version.

That said, to MuppetLover I'd say that Rowlf would probably be easier, he's pretty basic with not a lot of detailed foam carving. Whoever you choose, good luck! :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
That may be the coolest "sock" puppet I have ever seen. Man I wish I was better at making puppets.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow, nice Uncle Deadly! It really looks like him!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well.. I wouldn't call him a replica..But I have made an Uncle Deadly "Puppet.. I have never gotten a good pic of him up because, like the real puppet, it takes two to three people to operate him..The body is a blue sweatervest that has been shaped to add depth, and the neck is a continuation of this plus a new white tube sock. the head is polar fleece that has been built up to resemble his features...And finally, the mouth doesn't open.. Why? Well, he was a midway project..started out as just a plush head.. but I can operate his nose. I'm more of a Peter-Linz type then a Jerry-Neslon type..so his voice would be aweful...and no offense to Peter Linz if he can do an Uncle Deadly voice:smile:.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is him with stuffing in his neck and snout standing in for an arm..The arms are having issues at the moment so i didn't include them in the pic..I'm considering making a new deadly my next big project..one with the accurate furry body and antron fleece head..
WOW! Can you tell me how you did this? This is so cool!

Walter

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

Muppet fan 123- Well basicly I was looking around one night...WAY before I joined muppet central and back before I learned Uncle Deadly would be in the new film...I was so excited that the muppets were coming back, that I had to produce my favorite character out of celebration! So I took a blue fleece plush and dismantled it, made some quick sketches, fired up my glue gun, and made a plush head..it took about three hours to get it just right. After I relocated and had a bigger aspirations, I decided "I want to bring Uncle Deadly to life" so I took a nearly new blue vest that my mom never wore(she was okay with me using it!) and I built it into a pear shape with a bump in the front(to give him a 3d-gut look like most muppet posers have) and then..after about 5 iterations, the neck was built using a tube sock and scraps from the sweater...The arms vary, and right now i am using some big gloves and a large button up shirt to perform him...This gives him the ability to wear heavy human clothing...For display, I put him in a muppet whatnot suit..I am considering turning him into a rod puppet..but he works fine right now so maybe not...when I get alot of extra cash I wish to build a perfect deadly replica..Or maybe by then I'll have enough to have a professional do it..Only time will tell!