The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Farron

Reaction score
So pretty much, noone seems to get that Disney actually had to go out of their way to NOT put any special features on the dvd. I know dvd specs, all those special features on the blu ray version would have fit snugly on the specs of the dvd.
I haven't fully seen the blu-ray yet, but this piece may not have worked on the DVD at least:

Disney Intermission - Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!

There are things done on blu-ray discs that just can't be done on DVDs (with various animation, interactivity, picture in picture, internet connectivity, etc). It isn't just about better picture and sound.

beaker

Reaction score
I haven't fully seen the blu-ray yet, but this piece may not have worked on the DVD at least:

Disney Intermission - Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!

There are things done on blu-ray discs that just can't be done on DVDs (with various animation, interactivity, picture in picture, internet connectivity, etc). It isn't just about better picture and sound.
Oh I get that, even with films where the dvd contains all the bonus stuff as the blu ray, the blu ray version does and should have those bd excl. interactive features.

But not putting on interviews, deleted scenes, making of featurettes, etc...which has been a tradition for muppet films?

Farron

Reaction score
But not putting on interviews, deleted scenes, making of featurettes, etc...which has been a tradition for muppet films?
Yeah, those I'm not sure about the reasoning behind. If there was some reason where they say it couldn't fit on one disc they could have always made it a 2 disc DVD release.

jrxing

Reaction score
I am really disappointed in the lithographs for preorder. Anyone else disappointed? Ill probably order it even though I already reordered the finger puppet set.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I am really disappointed in the lithographs for preorder. Anyone else disappointed? Ill probably order it even though I already reordered the finger puppet set.
What's wrong with the lithographs? I haven't prordered anything but was trying to decide between the lithographs or the finger puppets...kids would love the finger puppets but I thought the lithographs would be nice. Are they just not quality images or bad image choices?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've only seen the one image (of Kermit playing & singing Rainbow Connection), but I thought it was fantastic!! I'd love to see what the other 3 images are. I might even preorder from Disney just based on the Kermit pic alone! :smile:

But then again... those finger puppets are pretty cute, and would be a lot of fun for my Boy and I! :big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm taking a big stab in the dark and saying that the "Disney Intermission" thing will just be those various little green-screen bits with the Muppets popping in and out when you pause the film.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm taking a big stab in the dark and saying that the "Disney Intermission" thing will just be those various little green-screen bits with the Muppets popping in and out when you pause the film.
Yeah like Kermit coming in and waving and Animal putting his mouth over the camera, Fozzie cleaning the screen, you know, all the stuff we've been seeing recently,

jrxing

Reaction score
In regards to the lithograph, I guess my expectations were to high based on other preorders . I was hopping for more group and or individual. Kermit, Fozzie are great but disappointed in Walter/kermit &then piggy/kermit, weird angles.