"MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

mjb1124

Reaction score
I'm pretty mixed on this. I'm glad anything from the movie got nominated, and I'd say the odds are in favor of it winning against that Rio song. But to be honest, "Man or Muppet" was my least favorite of the three major songs in contention, and I thought they would have at least nominated one additional song. Wikipedia says that since 2008, no more than two songs from the same movie could be nominated - maybe the rule has changed again? Plus, the fact that there's only two nominations in the category as a whole is rather depressing in and of itself. Still, go Muppets!

By the way, I would guess that if they do perform, they'll find a way to incorporate other Muppet characters into the performance.

muppetperson

Reaction score
So when are the Academy Awards or when do we know the result?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Really? Really? The Oscars is three hours long, and the show can't find the time to stick in TWO musical numbers. That's what, eight minutes total? Not a lot of time. So they can have a few extra montages dedicated to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or something? A few extra jokes beamed straight out of 1993 from Billy Crystal? Terrible decision making by the crew behind the Oscars.

robodog

Reaction score
I'll say this. If the Muppets loses to friggin' RIO of all things I swear I'll find whoever's responsible and get them intimately aquainted with the biggest, heaviest baseball bat I can find. I'll kick their tails so hard they'll burp farts for the next decade.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There's quite the protest on Twitter over this decision, helped out by our friend Ryan and The Muppet Mindset account, and Judd Apatow of all people. So if you have a twitter, tweet @TheAcademy and tell them how you feel. I know I did!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
OOO I should get a twitter account just for this. I am very upset. Not just as a Muppet fan but as a fan of movies. I have to admit I haven't watched the awards in awhile fore these very reasons. Music in film is so important. Its a shame only two songs were nominated to begin with.