New Muppet Whatnot Kits at Toys R Us

Carl23

Reaction score
Same, I've got my orange (Avatar) Carl, and i'm really pleased just to have one without completly murdering my Wallet. The clothes ARE the killer. The Suit is just about the only one even CLOSE to being worth $20. Real kid's suits are at least that much if not more with a tiny jackets, shirts and ties. The rest (particularly the hoodie) are way overpriced. I picked up the Kermit jacket for mine today, and it was only $9. On top of it, a Muppets shirt comes with it.

Herry, Your Whatnots look great. Great job with their outfits. In that pic it's tricky to tell which is from where.

Herry Grail

Reaction score
Thanks Carl! Giving the TRU Whatnot the snazzier jacket really plussed him up. That and a little extra Velcro to hold the nose, eyes, and hair down a little better, and he almost looks hot-glued.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Good point. I went out and got velcro for the hair. And new velcro for the glasses.

Carl23

Reaction score
I did the same. I actually made his hair custom and stuck a bit of velcro in there to help keep it on. That's one of the reasons I went with the TRU, you can stick velcro on anything and they can hold it in their Muppety hands.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I didn't think about that. Prop handling is so annoying. Some smaller props might stay on with velcro. Heavier ones I probably would still have to use rods for though. Velcro seems to stick really well to these so maybe I'm misjudging.

Carl23

Reaction score
Weight would definently be a factor, but you could easlily do gag glasses or something, and small light props like a toy cell phone or something would work as long as you had a good sized piece of velcro.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I like the look of these.

Do they sell them in UK Toys Are Us stores?

Traveller

Reaction score
Hey I'm from Australia. Is it possible for anyone to pick up an orange whatnot kit and post it out to me? I of course will provide all the money. The kits on eBay etc are more pricy, and some go for more than the custom ones from the online store.

MineKBMuppets

Reaction score
I got the orange kit and made my whatnot but there is this yellow thing that has no velcro for hair is it a necklace or bracelet?

Carl23

Reaction score
That's supposed to be a "Boa" style hair. It's just supposed to sit on top of your Whatnot's orange head. How it is meant to stay in place is beyond me... You could always get creative and USE it as a Necklace, the elastic should have enough give to get it on there.