Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I was just on the Disney Store site and saw that they have a new blind box collectible called "Cutesations." From what I have read, they will be a Disney Store exclusive item. They are small mini plush toys (no beanies), they come in sets of 8, boxed just like the Vinylmations, and if you buy the entire set at once, you get a special plush base to display them on. There is no word what sets will follow the debut line of Alice in Wonderland BUT I REALLY hope they do a Muppet line of these!!!

Carl23

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds pretty sweet. I wonder if this is gonna be the new thing, instead of Vinyls that every company is doing right now.

Carl23

Reaction score
NEWS. Disney Store is currently doing Buy One Get One FREE on ALL of their Plush, INCLUDING The Muppets. As a result, all of the Muppet plush (except "giant" Animal) is sold out on the website, so anyone looking to expand their collections on the cheap and are fortunate enough to have a DS near you - it'd be worth it to check it out.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
NEWS. Disney Store is currently doing Buy One Get One FREE on ALL of their Plush, INCLUDING The Muppets. As a result, all of the Muppet plush (except "giant" Animal) is sold out on the website, so anyone looking to expand their collections on the cheap and are fortunate enough to have a DS near you - it'd be worth it to check it out.
This is so insane. It seems like it's easier to sell college textbooks than it is to find these plushes. :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I was ther Satruday :smile: No muppets except for Gonzo and Fozzie (I have earlier ones that I like better). Wish Iw ould have gotten Pepe and Rizzo

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
I was at a Disney Store yesterday and they also only had Gonzo and Fozzie. The only other Muppet merch I could find was a kids shirt and kids PJ's. Very disappointing. Disney screwed up BIG TIME merchandising this film.

Carl23

Reaction score
Yes they did. They are supposedly going to add new items for the DVD release, but it's slowly becoming apparent that they're not planning on doing that either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was at a Disney Store yesterday and they also only had Gonzo and Fozzie. The only other Muppet merch I could find was a kids shirt and kids PJ's. Very disappointing. Disney screwed up BIG TIME merchandising this film.
The thing is, more and more of us are starting to agree. They have overload for Cars merchandise that they had to clear most of them out, but every time I go there's less and less... everything sold out but kid's clothes and some little brik a brak... but there's always a demand for the Muppet plush. I keep hearing people ask when they're getting more in, only to get "I dunnos." They have plush toys of the racist chihuahua that was on screen for like 1 minute in Lady and the Tramp, destined to be cleared out with a "What? Who was that from?" response, but they can't add to the line of Muppet products? You make someone as semi-obscure as Lew Zealand and Uncle Deadly, and I'm sure they'd sell out.

Really is a shame they made the PVC set a park exclusive. That would do wonders.

Carl23

Reaction score
Well... I just discovered that I am no longer a member of The Fortunate Enough To Still Have A Disney Store club... Went down to the mall today, the whole thing was gone. No "Store Closing", no Clearance, just an empty hole where the magic used to be.

Shame. Now if i'm going to do any more Muppet collecting, i'll have to make the Journey to Downtown Disney. So I guess I should count myself lucky I've at least got that as an option.

EDIT: That's so true, DrTooth. If they literally made any Muppet into a plush, it's practically a guaranteed sell-out. But they insisted on making every single Car, when the target audience really only wants Mater, Lightning, and maybe Finn because he was pretty cool for the entire 15 minutes he was on screen.

I DO understand the logic behind the "Flashback" sets, like Lady and the Tramp. Nostalgia obviously plays a huge factor, and Die Hard fans would buy the whole set. But it really doesn't take a die hard Muppet fan to appreciate a good Rowlf or a Swedish Chef. A friend of mine would kill for Rowlf to make Dr. Bob, and it sucks that there is literally no way to do it short of the Fisher Price puppet.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
A friend of mine would kill for Rowlf to make Dr. Bob, and it sucks that there is literally no way to do it short of the Fisher Price puppet.
There was a Dr. Bob plush as part of a Vet's Hospital set about nine years ago, good luck finding it now though. You'd have an easier time finding a Pepe plush than you would any of Sababa's Muppet plushes these days.