New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Welcome in Cal! Please refrain from throwing peanuts at the hecklers...it only encourages them. Do not accept any "special test formulas" from Bunsen, and do not try to free the Muppaphones because Marvin's mallet is very heavy and will hurt you. Other than that....glad you're here and have fun! :smile: And oh hey...why not snag a pic of one of your faves and make yourself an avatar?

---------------------

Chezzie

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm Wilbur but call me Will. I had never been a huge muppets/sesame street/puppet fan per se but my 2 year old son, Wilbur Jr (Wily) is crazy about the muppet movies and sesame street. I watch quite a bit of TV with him and sesame street and the muppet movies are some of the only things I watch with him that we both enjoy. We are contemplating going to see the movie with him, it would be his first trip to a theater.

Anyway, I wanted to join to kind of stay in the loop on news and what not, as well as meet some new friends.

HandsomeGH

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm Stephen. I just got started collecting muppet-y things and look forward to meeting you all!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Welcome Chezzie and HandsomeGH. This is a great place to get to know other fans and stay on top of all news Muppets (at least I think it is).

Quick question HandsomeGH. Does the GH in your name stand for anything?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Welcome in Chezzie and Handsome Groundhog! Er, I think Clifford's more of a catfishy...um...something...

Few simple guidelines to make your stay more enjoyable:
1. Rizzo cheats at three-card monte. Do NOT accept an offer to "play for free." The first one's ALWAYS free and he'll let you win it.
2. Gonzo should yell "FORE" or "HEADS" or "TIMBER" but never does. Be aware of the scent of cannon powder.
3. New members are not, in fact, REQUIRED to stand in for Beaker for one experiment...just suggested as a fun option.

Have fun!
------------------------

Traveller

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I consider myself a new Muppet fan. I went and saw the new movie, loved it, and I am now Muppet crazy. Working my way through the released DVD seasons currently, and hope the older movies will be seeing a blu ray release in the future.

I was born in 87, so while I was exposed to the muppets through the Christmas carol and treasure island films, I had never really seen any of The Muppet Show. However I really loved Fraggle Rock as a kid, I'm disappointed that the Fraggle Movie doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have always like playing with puppets though, and a year or so ago I started to put together a hand puppet YouTube series, although it didn't get that far as I couldn't nail down the format at the time. I am going to be trying again soon though, and will post elsewhere in the forum with more detail later but it will require collaboration.

Anyway YAAAAY Muppets!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hi, Traveller. Call me Sarge.

Please stand by for your official newsmanfan welcome. In the mean time, you may:

Twiddle your thumbs
Have a conversation with a potato
Count the ceiling tiles
Stare at your rug
Hop on one foot while singing Mary Had a Little Lamb
Make friends with the local freaks :wink:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Welcome Chezzie, HandsomeGH and Traveller! I am one of the local freaks that Sarge up here was speaking of. :stick_out_tongue: It's always good to see new faces here!