New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a long-term reader of Muppet Central (have been since 2000), but am only just joining up now to discuss the new movie. I am in the UK (hence the delay!)

I have been a Muppets fan since I could look at a TV screen. Scooter is my favourite Muppet as I wear glasses so as I child I was always attracted to characters that did the same. I guess Scooter was a role model in that sense! I also have a soft spot for Gonzo and Rowlf. I have been compared to Kermit several times which is a great compliment and won a Kermit award at laughingplace.com a few years back.

I pretty much love anything Henson. Fraggle Rock is awesome! Watching Dark Crystal and Labyrinth were formative experiences. You know the drill.

I also really love Muppet music. I sing in an acapella group and I think they are fed up with me suggesting Muppet songs!

I see that there is a big Muppet community in the UK so I hope to become a part of that!

Thanks for listening!!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm Sarge. Welcome to the Circus of Freaks, my good sir. I am the resident Floyd freak. The resident Newsman freak shall be along any time to give you your official, overly drawn out welcome.

I think.

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
Lol, thanks Sarge! As I say I've been reading the boards off and on for years so I know how crazy it can get around here. Hopefully I can find a way to fit in!!!

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I guess it's one size fits all!

I have posted on laughingplace.com for 12 years so I understand how hard it is to feel accepted. Hopefully one day I can be one of the cool kids. Do we have any cool kids? :confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
There are a few people who are more prominent than others if thats what you mean by cool, though I don't think we have people who are more "popular" than others. Maybe DrTooth. You will get to know him very well :wink:

Despite ups and downs muppet fans are pretty accepting of everyone. Just be active and get yourself known. You will have no problem making friends :big_grin:

Emilia

Reaction score
Why, hello there!

My name is Emilia. Yes that is kinda boring. It is my real name. But you guys may call me Emi.

I've known about Muppet Central since I was about 12 years old but I didn't join up since now, aged 18, because I'm lazy.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to join up because I kept looking at threads I wanted to jump in and give my voice to. I'm quite a vocal person, but hopefully that should go down well on here!

And also I'm from Sydney, Australia. Hopefully I'm not Little Miss Lonely McLonerkins so if anyone in Sydney wants to chat, epic!

Talk soon!

Emi xox

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
There are a few people who are more prominent than others if thats what you mean by cool, though I don't think we have people who are more "popular" than others. Maybe DrTooth. You will get to know him very well :wink:

Despite ups and downs muppet fans are pretty accepting of everyone. Just be active and get yourself known. You will have no problem making friends :big_grin:
Sarge, when I say cool kids I mean there tends to be a clique on most boards that have their own in jokes and abbreviations etc. and I understand that it takes time to get up to speed with those and feel like you fit in.

I've felt it on other boards and have seen it from the other side as well. It's always tough on fan forums because there's nearly always someone who knows the facts better than you so it's tough to feel like you can answer people's questions etc. Sometimes it's easier to say so-and-so will know the answer to that better than me than to post and get something wrong!