New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sarge, when I say cool kids I mean there tends to be a clique on most boards that have their own in jokes and abbreviations etc. and I understand that it takes time to get up to speed with those and feel like you fit in.
Well, I guess there are people who are more "cool" than others in the sense they are heavy posters. Those people are very blunt and sometimes do come off as condescending, but thats usually not the intention. We do have some odd, site wide abbreviations and terms. Most terms came from members know for doing something or whatnot. Third post down here. I'd say the only cliques are in the games board role playing, but outside of that, not really. I mean, this is a forum and you are bound to butt heads with people, but things are usually worked out quickly.

I've felt it on other boards and have seen it from the other side as well. It's always tough on fan forums because there's nearly always someone who knows the facts better than you so it's tough to feel like you can answer people's questions etc. Sometimes it's easier to say so-and-so will know the answer to that better than me than to post and get something wrong!
Is that really a bad thing? At least you know yourself for future reference :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why, hello there!

My name is Emilia. Yes that is kinda boring. It is my real name. But you guys may call me Emi.

I've known about Muppet Central since I was about 12 years old but I didn't join up since now, aged 18, because I'm lazy.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to join up because I kept looking at threads I wanted to jump in and give my voice to. I'm quite a vocal person, but hopefully that should go down well on here!

And also I'm from Sydney, Australia. Hopefully I'm not Little Miss Lonely McLonerkins so if anyone in Sydney wants to chat, epic!

Talk soon!

Emi xox
Welcome to the insane world of Muppet Central. You're one of us now! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gag* HAHAHAAAAA! I kid :wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Welcome in Traveller, Scooters Jacket, and Emilia!!

Ahem. *rustling Official Entry Papers*

:news: News Flash! Numerous fans who have loved the MC board for years, as well as total newbies, have been infected by a mysterious virus which compels them to sign up as actual board members! We at Muppet News have been strenuously tracking the origin of said virus, and it appears to have originated in a neglected supply cabinet in the back corner of Muppet Labs, behind the mini-fridge with the door missing. Er...when contacted for comment, Dr Bunsen Honeydew said only, quote: "Oh dear! Beaker, look! THAT'S where the streptofannus forumatorius specimen went to!" His assistant Beaker had a bit more to say, telling this reporter: "MEEP meep, mee mee meep, meep MEEP mee mee meep!"

The virus itself has refused to speak to reporters. Negotiations to have it registered as on official fan-bringing tool are reportedly underway, although forum mod The Count claims he's never heard of, quote, "anything so ridiculous."

In summary, welcome in to all new members. Please report to the Lab for inoculation against falling cows. ...What? They have a shot for that now? Great! I should --

*MOOOOOOO!!!!!*

Agh! Ow....
----------------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And thats why I started joking that people need to wait for their official newsmanfan welcome :wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
I don't have muffins though. Only Ed can give the newbies their first free muffin.

------------------