Starting a Palisades Muppets Figures Collection

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just recently discovered the palisades muppet figures, they look so amazing, but unfortunately I wasn't old enough to collect them. If I were to attempt to start collecting now, what would you say should be priority purchases/your personal favourites? Was the mega line good too?
How much should I be looking to pay per figure?

Do you think there is any chance anything like this would happen again? Or if efx will start selling their replicas?
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Where you want to start with your collection is totally up to you. Most people usually start with the staple Muppets: Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, etc. Then as they collect, they move into the more obscure characters and the variants.
Personally, I wanted the whole Electric Mayhem band to start, (including Lips), the collected the rest after that.

As for price, since the release of the new movie, prices have started to go up as many people are just discovering the line now. Depending on the figure/playset, you can pay as little as $5 up to hundreds of dollars. Some are more rare than others and therefore more expensive.

There's always a chance that something like this will happen again, but nothing exactly like the Palisades line. They were a unique company that found the happy balance between price and quality.
EFX ran into that problem when trying to produce their replicas. They and Disney both had their own standards of quality that couldn't be met by factories without greatly increasing the price point of the replicas. To the point where only the most avid of collectors would be able to afford them. So unfortunatly, EFX's line won't see the light of day aside from the few prototypes produced.

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help and advice!
I think I will start with fozzie/electric mayhem :smile:
I really hope a miracle happens and efx can produce the replicas!

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
I was lucky to get every playset and regular line figure as they where released except for The Backstage Playset (which I'm still bitter about not owning) and the last series of figures. I also have a few of the excuses.

Never will we see another company make such quality Muppet merchandise, I'm afraid. I'm sad every time I think about the fact that the Sesame Street line never got started.

All that being said, if you can get your hands on the Jim Henson figure GET IT. It's my favorite from the line and is proudly displayed away from the rest of the figures in my room. He sits on my desk to remind me how far my imagination can take me if i just act on it.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I also don't own any of the palisades Muppet figures, and want to start a collection soon. Soon of them look amazing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just recently discovered the palisades muppet figures, they look so amazing, but unfortunately I wasn't old enough to collect them. If I were to attempt to start collecting now, what would you say should be priority purchases/your personal favourites? Was the mega line good too?
How much should I be looking to pay per figure?

Do you think there is any chance anything like this would happen again? Or if efx will start selling their replicas?
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before!
This is a great series not likely to be attempted again, so expect to pay a premium, but it's so worth it!!

First, here are the must-haves that you can usually find for reasonable prices...

$12-50
Classic Kermit: Series One
Classic Fozzie: Series Two
Crazy Harry: Series Two
Black Tux Rowlf with Piano: Series Three
Classic Scooter: Series Three
Lew Zeland: Series Three
Classic Rizzo: Series Four
Link Hogthrob: Series Four
Dr. Strangepork: Series Four
Classic Gonzo or Black Tux Gonzo: Series Five/Exclusive
Classic Pepe: Series Five
Newsman: Series Five
Pigs in Space Playset with First Mate Miss Piggy: Series Six
Johnny Fiama: Series Seven
Beauregard: Series Seven
Marvin Suggs: Series Eight
Pops: Series Nine
Animal Repaint: Exclusive
Classic Sweetums: Exclusive
Uncle Deadly: Exclusive
Muppet Penguins: Exclusive

There are also fun characters that aren't must-haves that are cheaper and easier to find:

$6-20
Clifford: Series Six
Captain Smollett with Polly Lobster: Series Seven
Frog Scout Robin: Series Seven
Usher Scooter: Series Eight
Phil Van Neuter: Series Eight

You will notice a few omissions from my list. These are the big-ticket items that tend to be expensive:

Rainbow Connection Kermit with Robin, the Backstage Playset with Classic Rowlf and Jim Henson are the most difficult to find. The Electric Mayhem's Floyd and Janice are easier than the more expensive Zoot and Dr Teeth. There's also Lips with Java Muppets, Statler, Waldorf, Classic Sam, Classic Swedish Chef and Classic Bunsen.

And there are also other fun items like Adventure Kermit and Super Beaker that are a lot of fun when you can find them. The Minis and Megas are also a lot of fun, but not really necessary.

I hope this helped! Visit the wiki page for more information

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
This is a great series not likely to be attempted again, so expect to pay a premium, but it's so worth it!!

First, here are the must-haves that you can usually find for reasonable prices...

$12-50
Classic Kermit: Series One
Classic Fozzie: Series Two
Crazy Harry: Series Two
Black Tux Rowlf with Piano: Series Three
Classic Scooter: Series Three
Lew Zeland: Series Three
Classic Rizzo: Series Four
Link Hogthrob: Series Four
Dr. Strangepork: Series Four
Classic Gonzo or Black Tux Gonzo: Series Five/Exclusive
Classic Pepe: Series Five
Newsman: Series Five
Pigs in Space Playset with First Mate Miss Piggy: Series Six
Johnny Fiama: Series Seven
Beauregard: Series Seven
Marvin Suggs: Series Eight
Pops: Series Nine
Animal Repaint: Exclusive
Classic Sweetums: Exclusive
Uncle Deadly: Exclusive
Muppet Penguins: Exclusive

There are also fun characters that aren't must-haves that are cheaper and easier to find:

$6-20
Clifford: Series Six
Captain Smollett with Polly Lobster: Series Seven
Frog Scout Robin: Series Seven
Usher Scooter: Series Eight
Phil Van Neuter: Series Eight

You will notice a few omissions from my list. These are the big-ticket items that tend to be expensive:

Rainbow Connection Kermit with Robin, the Backstage Playset with Classic Rowlf and Jim Henson are the most difficult to find. The Electric Mayhem's Floyd and Janice are easier than the more expensive Zoot and Dr Teeth. There's also Lips with Java Muppets, Statler, Waldorf, Classic Sam, Classic Swedish Chef and Classic Bunsen.

And there are also other fun items like Adventure Kermit and Super Beaker that are a lot of fun when you can find them. The Minis and Megas are also a lot of fun, but not really necessary.

I hope this helped! Visit the wiki page for more information
Thank you very much for your help! And the link :smile: