The Tree Who Wanted To Leave The Park

Emilia

Reaction score
One of my favourite episodes while watching Sesame St as a kid was 'The Tree Who Wanted To Leave The Park'. I remember it revolved around Bob playing the tree, Gordon as the King and Telly as the Prince, but unfortunately I can recall little else.

I had this episode recorded on tape, and every few days (possibly even every few hours) I would be begging my mum to put the tape on again. It was on high rotation along with the other taped episodes (which included an episode with an appearance from Sinbad and a lion singing about vegetable juice) and the Sesame Street Golden Book videos, but this was far and away my favourite.

Anyhoo, the point of me making this thread is to implore anyone who even faintly remembers this episode as to where I can find it, for nostalgic purposes. I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE on Muppet Wiki (unless I'm looking in all the wrong places) or Youtube, and I have no idea as to the episode number. All I know is that it was during the 'Around the Corner' era.

And to anyone who CAN help, thank you in advance. :smile::wink::stick_out_tongue:

P.S I know this probably should go under 'Classic Sesame' but because this was a 90s episode I wasn't sure. Gee, The Muppets is a big grey area! :laugh:

Emilia

Reaction score
I wondered why they incorporated reruns into a season?