Sweetums eyelids closeable?

Farron

Reaction score
My Sweetums is finally fixed! Not sure if your suggestion had much to do with anything Dearth but i had him under hot water for a couple of minutes. Removed him tried pulling his eyelid down again and it didnt seem any different but then i just thought to get a small spoon and to really try hard to dig in between his eyelid and head. I was seperating it to an extent where i thought id probably end up with his eyes popping out but in doing it his eyelids were coming forward as well, kept doing it until i thought i had gone far enough, and just tried pushing and pulling on his eyelid until it was free. So yeah.. Now all is well apart from a few small scratches on his previously stuck eyelid!

J3h - I only got Sweetums last week from a seller on eBay who was selling quite a few of Sweetums still sealed in the box.

Hubert

Reaction score
I wonder if the figures were assembled with wet paint on the eylids which fused some of them? Or if it's the plastic breaking down over time and becoming very sticky at a point of articulation that's difficult to begin with?

just curious...Those of you who have stuck eyelids...did you get Sweetums when he was first released or as a collector decently afterwards?
Hmm, Muppet Wiki says he was released in 2004, so I probably got him about 2005.

Reaction score
Depends on the figure..... I own most of the Muppet figures and my Sweetums eyelids do open and close. Maybe they were limited edition and not many were made. Let me know what information you have.