Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last November on Good Morning America the Muppets sang "Mahna Mahna". Will another song be performed on Tuesday... tune in to find out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff seen already.

Kermit was out in the field on a wild newt chase because he thought they asked him to find a real newt, he said he'd then go over to the baseball field to find a real Mitt.
Piggy got caught "admiring" the jewelry in Robin Roberts's dressing room. I kind of think Robin used one of Piggy's lines in saying that "the pearls are non-negotiable".

Kermit then appeared solo in the Pop News segment commenting on the ACM (automated cupcake machine) breaking down.

:insatiable: Wha huh?

Also discussed were this star from Modern Family turning 40 (that's news?), Darth Vader in a kilt and playing the bagpipes, Brian Kid known as the Unipiper (ah! It's the worst combination you could think of, Dearth Nader and Angus McGonagle fused into one single being!), and Kermit's quip about the new spicy book 50 Shades of Green.

Still waiting for Walter to show up on GMA.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Update: The Muppets just appeared on the weather update.

The guy doing the weather showed Kermit, Texas for the frog asking him if he'd heard of that town. Of course he has, that was the starting point for the cancelled 50th anniversary tour.

Then Pig Lake, Minnesota was not so lovely, rather stormy as Piggy was tamed.

Then Walter segwayed to mention Walterville, Oregon, that should make a particular Puckrocks happy.

Will keep watching/posting as the show continues. And yes, Kermit confirmed he'd be singing a song later on this morning.

jackdelayne

Reaction score
I don't have cable. I'll have to catch it tomorrow on hulu... thanks for the report, Count. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Your welcome Jack.

Update 2: They just sang! Yaaaaaaaay!

Rainbow Connection, sung similarly to the version from the movie, with Kermit leading off on the first three bars of the first and second verses; Piggy on the next three bars; and Walter finishing up. They then joined in three-part harmony for the chorus and final verse. For the first two verses' chorus, they sang "The Muppets, the dreamers, and me", reverting back to the classic "the lovers, the dreamers, and me" for the final verse.

The one nitpick I have is that whoever the human presentor from GMA's staff was got the date for the movie's release wrong. It's not out today, the release is next week on the 20th.

The show just wrapped up with Kermit and Walter commenting on the time-consuming task of burning all the outtakes to all the DVD copies.

Now that's the way to start off a Muppety day. :jim:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Howd I know it was gonna be "The Rainbow Connection"?! And yes I literally just cried!! I can never hear that song without getting tears in my eyes. But it was worth it! Muppets for life!!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
anyone find videos yet?
:smile: hearing this excites my boring non muppety day

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It'll probably be up by the end of the day I bet. It was so good!