Muppets receive Hollywood "Walk of Fame" Star

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the Muppets "Walk of Fame" ceremony has happened, please post and let us know your thoughts.

The Jim Henson Company just posted the following "Walk of Fame" ceremony pictures on Twitter. As more media coverage surfaces on the ceremony, please post it all here.

Press cameras waiting for the Muppets to get their star.

Walt Disney Studios Chairman Rich Ross introducing the ceremony.

Henson CEO and Jim Henson's daughter Lisa Henson - "the world fell in love with the Muppets"

Brian Henson, Lisa Henson and Sweetums!

We're all wearing feathers and confetti now! :smile:

:smile: Today is a good day at work

And Muppets Studio just posted this...

D23 also posted this. The real stars, the wonderful Muppeteers: Bill Barretta (Pepe, Rowlf), David Rudman (Scooter, Janice), Peter Linz (Walter), Dave Goelz (Gonzo, Bunsen), Bruce Lanoil (Various Muppets), Eric Jacobson (Miss Piggy, Fozzie) and Matt Vogel (Floyd, Uncle Deadley) . Steve Whitmire (Kermit, Beaker) is performing Kermit for publicity shots.

D23 also shared this pic of Rich Ross, Brian Henson and Lisa Henson celebrating the new star with the Muppets.

And a close-up from Muppeteer Matt Vogel.

See pics of the "Walk of Fame" after party here.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow great timing they recieved their Walk of fame the day the DVD was released! Man it's so nice seeing the others there besides Kermit and Miss Piggy. I know Jim's family is estatic! I know Jim was there as well. I'm sure he's got the biggest smile on his face right now. His spirit still lives on! This ones for you Jim!! What a legacy you created!!!

Avilos

Reaction score
This is awesome! Great location in front of the El Captain which was the exterior of the Muppet Theater in the movie. In fact it almost feels like an extension of the film's plot. Back in the limelight they get a Star on the Walk of Fame.

Of course the timing being the same day as the DVD release was planned. They always do that with Walk of Fame ceremonies. Its largely about promoting to tourists Hollywood and for whomever is receiving the Star.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know it was planned but it's still awesome to know it was planned the day the DVD release came out. I just teared up looking at the pictures because this was longggggggggggg over due! They should've had one years ago. It's when I see things like this that I miss Jim so much. :smile:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! That is so fantastic! I'm especially thrilled to see that photo of the Muppeteers by D23. Those guys do not get enough recognition in my opinion.

Congratulations Muppets and all those who have a hand in the Muppets (sorry about the pun, couldn't be helped).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow! That is so fantastic! I'm especially thrilled to see that photo of the Muppeteers by D23. Those guys do not get enough recognition in my opinion.

Congratulations Muppets and all those who have a hand in the Muppets (sorry about the pun, couldn't be helped).
LOL! Your last line cracked me up! XD

Avilos

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire is not in the above picture. I wonder if he was busy performing Kermit someplace else today? He seems to be everywhere lately!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire is not in the above picture. I wonder if he was busy performing Kermit someplace else today? He seems to be everywhere lately!
Someone on the TP Forum says he was there

Walter

Reaction score
This is awesome! Great location in front of the El Captain which was the exterior of the Muppet Theater in the movie. In fact it almost feels like an extension of the film's plot. Back in the limelight they get a Star on the Walk of Fame.

Of course the timing being the same day as the DVD release was planned. They always do that with Walk of Fame ceremonies. Its largely about promoting to tourists Hollywood and for whomever is receiving the Star.
Yeah! This is so awesome!!! It's like the movie left the screen and we're living it!! :-D

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
We kind of are living it! :big_grin: Steve is kind of in the picture. LOL! He was probably performing Kermit. :smile: Does anyone know if Kermit made a speech or said anything?