Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the deleted scenes with the celebs that were cut from the film, such as Ricky Gervais and Lady Gaga were included ? I haven't had the chance to watch mine yet :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I listened to the commentary for the first time today. Since two of the four reviews I've read expressed disapointment over the commentary, I was expecting to be let down though still optimistic. And it turned out to be more on-topic than expected. I prefer commentaries that focus more on information than humor (it took awhile for me to really warm up to the UHF commentary), but this was better than I'd expected (though it's still a shame there's no performer commentary, whether as themselves or as characters... I would have put in Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Walter, Scooter, and Rowlf, with maybe appearances by others).

It was cool that Muppet Central and Muppet Wiki were mentioned. I can't remember if Tough Pigs or The Muppet Mindset were mentioned.

The joking did get annoying after awhile, mainly when it came to stuff I feel should have been obvious. When somebody asked the name of Thog, I was hoping they'd talk a bit about him, maybe discuss whether they needed to convince Disney to have him rebuilt or if Disney agreed to rebuilding anybody, but then one of them asked "What's the name of the green frog?" I feel that might have been a distraction, though they did talk a bit about him later.

And a lot of "How'd they do that?" questions when it seems obvious it was green screened and matted later. And when bringing up cast members it seemed abit annoying that they mentioned things they were in. I guess it's useful if you're not too familiar with their work (and there were quite a few celebrities I wasn't familiar with), but to mention some of the things Whoopi Goldberg is in? Though does she have a "signature" production? She's been in so much, albeit normally in a supporting or cameo role, that it's hard for me to determine what she's most famous for (I wonder the same regarding Charles Grodin, even after reading his wikipedia article... All I really know him from is GMC and the Beethoven movies... and that one episode of SNL).

For years I've been wondering how they normally keep hats on the characters, and during the credits they say the hats just fit on the heads. But with all the joking around I can't really tell if that's true or a joke... I can see Fozzie and Zoot's hats fitting on easily (especially since Fozzie is not only frequently seen taking his hat off, but it sometimes falls off by mistake), but I'd find it hard to believe that Dr. Teeth and Swedish Chef's hats can stay there without having to attach somehow, and given the shape of Kermit's head I don't see how it could stay there.

I still haven't watched all the features, but I've watched all the deleted scenes, including the easter eggs, and the featurette (which I've noticed has bits that had appeared online before the movie was released) and the trailers (the two new trailers aren't as good as the ones we've previously seen). I could have done without the "Screen Test on the Way to the Read-Through". So all I've got left to watch is the bloopers reel and certain easter eggs.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the deleted scenes with the celebs that were cut from the film, such as Ricky Gervais and Lady Gaga were included ? I haven't had the chance to watch mine yet :smile:
Celebrities appear in the deleted scenes "A Hero in Hollywood", "The Strip Mall Awards", and "Muppets in Jail". Lady Gaga doesn't appear in any of the included deleted scenes. There's some others who also don't appear, unless I missed them (such as Mila Kunis).

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Aw man, I forgot that Mila had a cut scene!! :frown: I LOVE that tiny lady!! I'm sure it was great, but maybe the scene wasn't complete enough to even be included? Who knows, somebody'll hafta ask Jason about that (Ryan, that means YOU! :wink: ).

Ricky Gervais' scene was dryly hilarious!! I loved the following awards arrival with Kathy Griffin and Billy Crystal too, would've liked all the little "fake awards show" scenes to've been integrated into a special edition. Maybe sometime down the road. :wink:

When it comes to Lady Gaga, for all we know, she morphed into an actual Muppet and was in the background somewheres, ha ha. Well, I just remembered, she was great on SNL... hmm, maybe I spoke too soon? She'd fit in quite nicely as herself. :big_grin:

I'd say that Whoopi is best known for her Sister Act movies these days, dontcha think? Long before that though, it's gotta be The Color Purple, and then Ghost, plus her character on Star Trek TNG.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I just got the barebones DVD, as I haven't upgraded to Blu-Ray and already had the soundtrack. And... y'know, I could be annoyed by how little is on it. The blooper real is nice but not essential. I'd have liked the documentary and the deleted scenes especially.

But God, do I love this movie. I just love it so much. Every frame. Even in places where I've found "problems." I'm so happy to have it on my shelf, to watch whenever I want. Which has been about five times in the last two days.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
FINALLY 3 DAYS LATE BUT I FINALLY GOT IT...my preorder came in the mail and its AWESOME! i almost went out and bought it when it didnt come in but i knew waiting would be worth it!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just got the barebones DVD, as I haven't upgraded to Blu-Ray and already had the soundtrack. And... y'know, I could be annoyed by how little is on it. The blooper real is nice but not essential. I'd have liked the documentary and the deleted scenes especially.

But God, do I love this movie. I just love it so much. Every frame. Even in places where I've found "problems." I'm so happy to have it on my shelf, to watch whenever I want. Which has been about five times in the last two days.
I know right?! I'm already wearing the thing thing out. LOL!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
FINALLY 3 DAYS LATE BUT I FINALLY GOT IT...my preorder came in the mail and its AWESOME! i almost went out and bought it when it didnt come in but i knew waiting would be worth it!
Aww that's awesome! You got the autographs too! I have them too on the top of my lunchbox! And I had seen those pictures they're really nice! So happy for you! :big_grin:

catherine

Reaction score
do they sell it on the disney store.co.uk website? I love the pictures.