I'm going to be a first time published author

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I wrote a book about the episodic history of my favorite TV show Bewitched that integrates historical events of the 60s and 70s along with episode reviews and trivia. It's going to be called The Omni-Directional Three-Dimensional Vectoring Paper-Printed Omnibus for Bewitched Analysis a.k.a. The Bewitched History Book. That long name is based on one of Dr. Bombay's wacky inventions and I've always found it really funny. It will be published by BearManor Media who specialize in classic TV/Movie/Radio books. I'm so excited!! They say it's tentatively scheduled for release May 2012 but may be sooner depending on how things go at the printer.

You can become a fan of the book on Facebook at http://tinyurl.com/7gty9gm

And you can also the follow the progress of the book at http://bewitchedhistorybook.blogspot.com.

I do mention the Muppets and Jim a couple times as there were several times on Bewitched where Jim's work would've made the monsters that appeared look much better, not to mention Sesame Street premiered during the Sixth Season of the show.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*cheers*

AWESOME! :big_grin: I'm so happy for you, getting a book published must feel great!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Congrats! Is your publisher also bringing this out as an ebook? If not, you ought to look into publishers specializing in that. Get it out in as many formats as possible. In addition to whatever publicity the publisher is offering for you, make sure you get TV-specific sites to review your book to get the word out as far and wide as possible!

Wishing you more success than a nose-wiggle could bring. :smile:
---------------------

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your kind words!

Yes, the publisher will offer it in e-book format:smile: I'm trying my best to get the word out and as of right now I have 93 Facebook fans...I can't believe it's so close to being a reality!!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Again, good for you! But do see about getting sites which would be aimed at the same audience as your book (classic TV viewers and so on) to review it, which reaches a more targeted audience than just a Faceplant scattershot. Go after your readers!

------------------

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
------------------
Again, good for you! But do see about getting sites which would be aimed at the same audience as your book (classic TV viewers and so on) to review it, which reaches a more targeted audience than just a Faceplant scattershot. Go after your readers!

------------------
Oh, definitely!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm pleased to announce that my book is up for pre-order! http://www.bearmanormedia.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=489

You can also preorder directly from me for 20% off the publisher's price at bewitchedhistorybook@gmail.com. Please send your name and mailing address and then when the book becomes available, which is scheduled for May, payment will be due. I will accept Paypal. And I will sign your book!

I've all ready set up two tentative book signings at a Barnes and Noble in Murray, UT and a smaller book shop in Sugar House. This is so awesome and just goes to prove that hard work helps dreams come true!

Here's the cover: