A Fanboy News Flash!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
:news: Too cool! I was able to watch "The Muppets" on bluray finally this weekend, and during the commentary by James Bobin, Nick Stoller, and Jason Segal, at the "throw me over" scene, the guys were joking about Muppet trivia. They said they were going to form a Muppet Trivia team -- and then joked that they'd be beaten by "Ed from Muppet Central"!! (Okay, they also said "from Muppet Wiki," but hey, how many trivia-busting Eds can there be out there? There can be ONLY ONE!)

So WOOOHOOOOO for MC! and WOOOHOOOO for our Ed!

Come on. How cool is that! :smile: Thanks you Muppet Pros for not only taking notice of this great site, but immortalizing it (and Ed!) forever on bluray! Yaaayyyy!
------------------

rowlfy662

Reaction score
very cool another reason to buy the bluray when its come to th uk

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Any of you with the tech capability to do so, please snag that audio for Ed? I have no way to do it...but I know what I heard. Checked it twice! :smile:

--------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: Ed! You are the man! Woo-hoo! Whup! Whup! Whup!
Rizzo: What's she doing--helicoptor sounds?
Gonzo: Beats me. (murmuring) She seems excited. What's the deal?
Rizzo: Ed got mentioned on the Blu-Ray by the script writers! They know he knows more than ANYONE about muppetdom!
Gonzo: Muppetdom? Really? What happened to my suggestion?
Rizzo: Um.... Your suggestion was lame, Buddy. No offense.
Gonzo: There is nothing wrong with Muppet-American. Why can't he be the expect on Muppet-Americans?
Rizzo: Well, which one of the United States do you think the Swedish Chef hails from?
Gonzo: Oh--I see your point.
Rizzo: I see food.
Gonzo: Oh! Looks like Ru made cupcakes to celebrate Ed's moment in the spotlight.
Kermit: Are we too late for cupcakes?
Fozzie: I want one with sprinkles!
Piggy: (licking the frosting off of hers) I liked the ones that look like Kermie. (For fun, she leans down and smooches him on the cheek, leaving a trace of frosting.)
Kermit: Piggy!
Robin: Hey Uncle Kermit! Are we gonna watch the movie tonight?
Kermit: Oh. Well, about that. Robin, I think we're going to have to watch the regular DVD tonight.
Robin: Awwwww. How come?
Kermit: Um, Ru only has a DVD player, and Dr. Honeydew couldn't loan us his X-ray maching.
Robin: His X-ray machine?! Uncle Kermit, it's not a--
Kermit: And Dr. Honeydew say that you can get residual radiation, so I hope the fans don't watch the bonus features toooooo much.
Robin: (trading looks with Rizzo and Gonzo) Um, I don't think we have to worry about radiation, Uncle Kermit. Uncle Deadly said he's going to dig up a Blu-Ray player for the showing.
Gonzo: Cool! I wonder where he's going to dig?
Robin: i...I'm not sure. Ooh! Cupcakes! Hey Aunt Piggy--look--there's one that looks like you!
Piggy: Except my hair is a more fetching? color.
Rowlf: Somebody say "fetch"?
Kermit: Hey Rowlf! Did you hear about Ed? He got mentioned on the X-ray?
Rowlf: (cutting his eyes to Robin) Um, is that...good?
Kermit: Of course it's good. Ed's put a lot of time an effort into knowing stuff about the Muppets and it's really cool that they noticed that. We ought to introduce him to Walter!
Rizzo: i put a lot of time and effort into the movie, and what did it get me?
Piggy: Free meals for four months?
Rizzo: I...I resembled that remark.
Fozzie: I think you resemble that guy that was in the movie.
Ru: So...cupcakes, guest of honor, Hi Rowlf, Hi Beaker...er...why is there an X-ray machine in the hallway....
Gonzo: it's a long story....
Rizo: Just pretned not to notice.
Ru: So go congratulate "He Who Knows More Trivia Than The Writers."
Zoot: Sounds like an Indian name, man.
Gonzo: It's Muppet-American.
Rizzo: (sighing) Gonzo--he's not! Sheesh! Eat a cupcake, won't you?

(Happy congratulations, Ed!)

Not your typical Aunt....

Ru

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
*kicking self, forgot AGAIN to bring the transcript to the library to post here*

Sah-ree...will do so tomorrow...

Uh. I always thought the Chef was from Lake Wobegone, or somewhere in Minnesota, anyway... :wink: Oh doncha know.
--------------

beaker

Reaction score
Muppet fan referencing on the commentary, niiiice. Still think they should have had Walter reference or be seen looking up Muppet fandom sites online in the movie, but a small complaint