The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Uuuugh, you're killing' me with the anticipations man! :big_grin: I can hardly wait to hear about /see your current project. I really wish I had your contacts at Disney, AND I really hope it's something I can purchase, like I'd LOVE to purchase your T-shirt... c'mon Threadless, PLEASE print me a 2XL! :wink:

Hey Jamie, did you see the pic I took of my & my Boys' BaB Kermit's? They're so dang adorable, I'm hoping I can find a BaB trenchcoat, and also maybe a getup to match his Bob Cratchit look. :big_grin:

ALSO, I'm getting closer to finally finishing my Muppet shirt design, then I'm gonna make matching shirts for my family for the next time we visit Disneyland, which will hopefully be soon! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Uuuugh, you're killing' me with the anticipations man! :big_grin: I can hardly wait to hear about /see your current project. I really wish I had your contacts at Disney, AND I really hope it's something I can purchase, like I'd LOVE to purchase your T-shirt... c'mon Threadless, PLEASE print me a 2XL! :wink:

Hey Jamie, did you see the pic I took of my & my Boys' BaB Kermit's? They're so dang adorable, I'm hoping I can find a BaB trenchcoat, and also maybe a getup to match his Bob Cratchit look. :big_grin:

ALSO, I'm getting closer to finally finishing my Muppet shirt design, then I'm gonna make matching shirts for my family for the next time we visit Disneyland, which will hopefully be soon! :smile:
BaB Kermits? :confused: Did I miss that?:eek:What are these?

Most of my work is brokered through third parties. :embarrassed: The current "Celebrational" piece isn't a shirt, but it is kind of a sequel to the "Muppetational Mosaic." I don't know why Threadless hasn't reprinted the shirt. I hope their contract didn't end in 2011. Can't wait to see your Muppet Shirt design!! What's gonna be in it? How will you be printing it?

I'm hoping to make an announcement in the next two weeks.
The product proofs will probably get here in a few days. Eeek!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, "eeek!" is one of my favorite sayings (along with grotey, yay, and stupid!). :big_grin: BaB is just the abbreviation I use for Build-a-Bear Workshop, have you seen their Kermit and Piggy? Kermie is awesome of course, and another of course: Piggy's likeness leaves something to be desired (is that the correct saying? Haven't used or heard it in forever, lol). Got a Kermit each for myself and my Boy, dressed mine TMM standoff-style in cowboy boots and a hat, and my Boys' in a puffy army-green coat w/fur-lined hood and color-y scarf ala LTS. We love our Kermits! I snapped some pics of my Son hugging his Kermie, have yet to post them here though, but I did post pics of our Kermits all dressed-up in the Build a Bear thread and the Bluray thread... I'll prolly post more in this thread later on.

"Celebrational" huh? Sounds awesome, your teasers equally so. And I'd gladly buy a nice quality print. I'd like one of your Muppetational Mosaic as well, but I really just NEED the shirt first, ha ha. Oh, one of my little brothers works at a UPS Store, so I'll prolly have him print my shirt, hee-hee. It's still got that Kermit I drew for the contest, but with his main pals surrounding him, a new logo, and some shooting stars - retro style. :big_grin: Its not gonna be epic, but it's the shirt I've always wanted, the one that would have been had I known about Threadless' contest more than 2 days before the end date, oops! :wink: Stuff like this takes a while when you're chasing after a little guy all the time, ha. God I love my Son!! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, "eeek!" is one of my favorite sayings (along with grotey, yay, and stupid!). :big_grin: BaB is just the abbreviation I use for Build-a-Bear Workshop, have you seen their Kermit and Piggy? Kermie is awesome of course, and another of course: Piggy's likeness leaves something to be desired (is that the correct saying? Haven't used or heard it in forever, lol). Got a Kermit each for myself and my Boy, dressed mine TMM standoff-style in cowboy boots and a hat, and my Boys' in a puffy army-green coat w/fur-lined hood and color-y scarf ala LTS. We love our Kermits! I snapped some pics of my Son hugging his Kermie, have yet to post them here though, but I did post pics of our Kermits all dressed-up in the Build a Bear thread and the Bluray thread... I'll prolly post more in this thread later on.

"Celebrational" huh? Sounds awesome, your teasers equally so. And I'd gladly buy a nice quality print. I'd like one of your Muppetational Mosaic as well, but I really just NEED the shirt first, ha ha. Oh, one of my little brothers works at a UPS Store, so I'll prolly have him print my shirt, hee-hee. It's still got that Kermit I drew for the contest, but with his main pals surrounding him, a new logo, and some shooting stars - retro style. :big_grin: Its not gonna be epic, but it's the shirt I've always wanted, the one that would have been had I known about Threadless' contest more than 2 days before the end date, oops! :wink: Stuff like this takes a while when you're chasing after a little guy all the time, ha. God I love my Son!! :smile:
That sounds fantastic! I'd love to see it!!

The build-a-bears look better than I'd have thought. Kermit looks great, Miss Piggy looks better than most plush these days (that's not really saying much). I'm holding off until they do a Fozzie or Gonzo. It's good that kids have access to interactive toys that aren't video game centered.

The "Muppetational Mosaic" took about 30+ hours of work. I almost didn't finish it. The "Celebrational ______" took well-over 100. Both pieces are vector-based and were hand drawn on my tablet. A Cintiq really is an artist's best friend!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been watching at least one prime time show a week, and the last week or so, I've seen Muppet DVD ads on almost every program's commercial breaks. I don't think the movie even got that much attention when it first came out.
That's what I was thinking, too.

And now we've got the Kermit's Party viral videos, which are great (even if they are really extended Bounty commercials). They're much better than The Muppets Kitchen and From the Balcony. And we got three in the first day (I know, four episodes of The Muppets Kitchen premiered on the same day)!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Number of holds update:

The Muppets: 219 (!!!)
Chipwrecked: 60 (it comes out today on DVD)

Nice to see people actually do have taste after all! :smile: Keep eating poop and making outdated references, Alvin, and see how we're still not laughing... :frown:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
I was annoyed for days that my bluray copy of "The Muppets" was taking forever, which is an experience I've never had with amazon before...and then it hit me. Did the first wave of these dvds sell out?? That would explain the delay! Anyone know?

And hey Frogboy. LOVE that banner with Statler, Waldorf, Walter (and is that Robin?)!

Making my own Newsie t-shirt this coming week. Soon as I have the art done. :news:
------------------

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
---------------
I was annoyed for days that my bluray copy of "The Muppets" was taking forever, which is an experience I've never had with amazon before...and then it hit me. Did the first wave of these dvds sell out?? That would explain the delay! Anyone know?

And hey Frogboy. LOVE that banner with Statler, Waldorf, Walter (and is that Robin?)!

Making my own Newsie t-shirt this coming week. Soon as I have the art done. :news:
------------------
Thanks. That's a sneak peek at something to come. (oh, and that's a teeny, tiny Droop).

zoebell

Reaction score
is there any way to find out how it's selling?