TV shows you wish would come back

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are we talking about TV shows resuming production and making new seasons, or just TV shows we'd like to see again in general? If the latter, I have two...

The original version of The Planet's Funniest Animals (or whatever it was called), when it was hosted by Matt Gallant, and they didn't go all Hollywood/AFV on us. The other is Maximum Exposure (or Max-X for short), with Smart Aleck Announcer Dude who was all "Hot chicks" this and "Sweet mullets" that.

mo

Reaction score
So, as time moves by, no wait, that sounds boring.
Um... There comes a time when our... No...

Ah, heck, what shows do you wish would come back?

I miss these:

Chowder
That's So Raven
Phil of the future
Rollie Pollie Ollie
And of course, The Muppet Show!

You?
I agree with you on chowder in the uk they show it on boomerang I definatly wish for the muppet show! brain wave miss piggy should have her own show duh!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not that it's been cancelled, but I wish X-Play on G4 was the way it used to be; a video game review show with some comedy sketches thrown in and the occasional video game development segment. Now, the show is all video game news and whatnot, with one review like every other episode and almost no comedy bits. I really loved those "Crazy Adam" bits (and they were a unique way of showcasing weird, actual foreign games). But now, there's nothing like that.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
Not that it's been cancelled, but I wish X-Play on G4 was the way it used to be; a video game review show with some comedy sketches thrown in and the occasional video game development segment. Now, the show is all video game news and whatnot, with one review like every other episode and almost no comedy bits. I really loved those "Crazy Adam" bits (and they were a unique way of showcasing weird, actual foreign games). But now, there's nothing like that.
YES! The format change was the reason I stopped watching for about 5 years. I recently got back into it, but I wish it was the way it used to be. Though they still come up with some good bits, like this:
"Satan's A Noob"

Also, I wish Reno 911 was still on the air (the series finale was a bit week), and that Detective Conan (AKA Case Closed) still aired here in the states. It kills me that only around 50 out of +500 episodes aired here. And, while I love Conan, I wish The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was still on. (They didn't even give him a year. A YEAR! :mad:)

Drtooth

Reaction score
For me it's both depending on the show.
I'd tend to say, for shows to return with new episodes, it's a show that was wrongly canceled and didn't get to finish its storyline to being with. Or at least ended up hastily rushed.

Another thing I'd like to see come back... while there's going to be a new Batman animated series (can't wait to see the result), I'd love Brave and the Bold to come back... just without Batman. At least as the star.

Brave and the Bold is a series of DC comics that featured different team ups of different characters from the DC universe. That means they could theoretically continue the show, or reboot it, only with different characters, ones that aren't strong enough to hold a series on their own. They just made Batman the star because they have kept rebooting the Batman animation franchise to keep it fresh in between Chris Nolan movies (The Batman, a more literal interpretation of the movies and scarily approximate to that version of the Joker, popped up a year before the film came out).

DC has a history of denying superheros in certain media for certain reasons (The Riddler wasn't in The New Adventures of Batman because he was promised for Challenge of the Super Friends), but as this show proved, there are SOOOO many weird, forgotten characters, both bad guys and good guys they'd never really run out.

Still, It would have been fun to see an Aquaman spinoff... I mean, BATB was the only time the character was interesting.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
There's plenty of shows I wish would come back on TV:
House of Mouse
Kratts Creatures, I still love the Kratt Brothers, I wish this show came back. I like the show they have now, but I like this show and Zaboomafoo better
The Puzzle Place
While it's nice Sesame Street is still on the air and Fraggle Rock is making a comeback on TV, I wish The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight would air.
Bear in the Big Blue House
Most Nickelodeon shows from the 90s, the shows that are on that channel as well as Cartoon Network stink compared to those shows, that goes for the Disney Channel.
Speaking of which,
Lizzie McGuire
Even Stevens
Kim Possible
Now those were good shows!
I have mutual feelings with others when it comes to TV, it's not worth watching much anymore.

mo

Reaction score
all things muppet
cake boss... oh yeah that's still on
house of mouse
I also wish noggin was noggin again...yes i still watched noggin but the last time i saw it i was eleven which was last year.... 0.0

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
TV Shows I Wish Would Come Back
Muppet Babies
Goof Troop
The Super Mario World TV Show
Sailor Moon
Aladdin: The Series
Mickey Mouse Club 1950's TV Show
The Magical World Of Disney
Chowder
Bear In The Big Blue House
PB&J Otter
The Brady Bunch
Nanalan'
Teletubbies (Even Though Everyone Hates It)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
The Munsters
DuckTales
Talespin
The Angry Beavers
Cousin Skeeter
Gullah Gullah Island
The Real Ghostbusters
The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog
Teen Titans (Yes I Know There Back With Shorts, But I Really Want The Full Show Back)
Kirby, Right Back At Ya!
Tiny Toon Adventures
Rugrats
The Muppet Show
Dinosaurs Jim Henson Show (And No I'm Not Talking About Dinosaur Train)
Honey, I Shrunk The Kids TV Show (It JUST Got Tooken Off The Hub And I Already Miss It)
House of Mouse
Disney's Doug
Stanley
And The Spectacular Spider Man

mo

Reaction score
hi hi puffy amiyumi?
dog city?

just seggestions from shows i havent seen a lot of but really like