The first Muppets Palisades figure you bought?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Series 2 Gonzo back when they were first coming out. I remember seeing some of the series 1 figures and being like "Y'know, if I start buying these I'm going to want ALL of them and is that something I REALLY want to get into?" but I couldn't resist buying Gonzo, he's my favorite chracter.

Then of course I saw Sam Arrow at Tower Records, and he looked so... GORGEOUS. I had to get him, too. And I had intended to stop there and just have those two and leave them in the package. But of course whenever I would look at them and see how amazing they looked I knew I had to open them. Which led to me wanting to get more and more. And fortunately it was around the time when series 4 was just coming out and I was able to get most of series 1-3 figures for normal retail price (except Miss Piggy, who was dirt cheap and "buy one get one free" at EB Games, so I was able to get both versions then) and I was even able to still find Dr. Teeth in stores, believe it or not. Floyd, Fozzie, Animal with the stage, and Zoot were the ones that eluded me the most and had to resort to eBay to get. And I only had to pay a little under $100 for Zoot (lol, "only"- but considering how much I've seen him go for often I think I got a pretty good deal).

And from then on I was able to get everything I wanted as it was being released, it was a fun ride, I miss collecting them. My collection is "satisfyingly" complete, I've got every regular-release figure and playset and all the exclusives I really want. There are some I COULD get if I wanted, at a decent price, but some of them are so expensive that I don't ever plan on getting them (just can't justify it). We definitely needed one more series so we could get characters like Sal and Bobo.

GAR

Reaction score
My first was Kermit. Not at all to collect, but to customize into He-Man as a project. I did not know about this amazing line of toys up until roughly a year ago. When I discovered that Kermit for the custom figure project I was amazed that there actually was a figure that actually looked the way the Muppets are supposed to (can't believe how many figures out there don't look good enough).

Anyway, I did customize Kermit but immediately went back, bought him again to keep him on display as himself because I loved the figure so much. Bought Fozzy and Gonzo as well after seeing pictures of an online friend's collection and started collecting after that. Being a huge fan of the Muppet News Man, he was the first to follow, then Miss Piggy and Crazy Harry, followed by Sweetums, a loose Beaker (I really don't like the Muppets Lab playset - it just doesn't look right - so I got him loose), Adventure Kermit, Marvin Suggs, Dr. Teeth, Floyd... then I found myself a great bargain online, I bought a complete Swine Trek set (including all three figures complete) a complete Electric Mayhem drumset with Animal and a nearly complete (only 3 items missing) kitchen with Swedish Chef all in one go. Must say that I now pretty much have every figure I really want. Just want to complete Electric Mayhem now (Zoot and Janice are missing, Lips is way too expensive for me at this point so I'm not even considering him) and I really want Super Grover.

Anyway, long story short, Kermit was first. Twice :wink:

choob99

Reaction score
I bought pigs in space piggy and strangepork and the playset,that was in 2004 and that started my obsession and then my 5 year quest to own every single figure and playset ever made, proud to say I do own every figure and playset ever made and still own them all to this day!

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Mine was Dr. Teeth. I may have bought more that day, but I was mainly out looking for him since he is my favorite. I went to the local ToysRus. Very happy with my purchase!

MuppetofaMan

Reaction score
The very first for me was First Mate Miss Piggy and the Playset. Of course, I was immediately hooked and bought 18 more the next day (ebay is a blessing, and a curse), 11 more the day after that (cursing ebay by that point :wink: ) and on it went. That first month was rather crazy. I do wish I had known about the figures as they came out, rather than having to rely on the secondary market. But, there are good deals to be found there. I've now got them all except the White Tuxedo Rowlf, which I haven't found yet for an acceptable price (would love ideas if anyone has any). I created a thread about a need for it several days ago but it must have been deleted or moved.

Anyway, I'm new here and glad to have found the site. Fun thread topic!

WhiteLion

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth. Unfortunately I wasn't really collecting anything at the time so I wasn't loyal to the toy line. I wish I was, because I remember seeing super cheap Muppets figures in Suncoast at the time going for insane amounts on ebay now.