Help: Which Palisades figures would you choose?

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
GUYS! My friend says his brother is willing to sell me one of these choices:

Purple Tux Gonzo
Regular Fozzie
Regular Floyd
Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf
Regular Dr. Teeth

Which one?! WHICH ONE! HELP!!!!!!

Hubert

Reaction score
It kind of depends on preference here. If you don't have any of these, probably the one you like the best would be good. The rarest one is Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf, as they are an exclusive, but from experience I've found that many of those figures are not made well and there legs pretty much fall off getting them out of the packaging.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I don't have any of them, so I need help! HELP! AAAIIIIE!:eek: (Sorry if I sound angry, I'm just a nervous wreck right now.)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Fozzie!! He's a little more htf than Gonzo or Dr. Teeth at a fair price, plus, the Vaudeville getup is too episode-specific IMO (I sold my set last year).

Though I'd personally go for Dr. Teeth if I didn't have ANY of these guys. :big_grin: Are you eventually going to try and track down all the main characters, or is this it for you? All things to consider. :wink:

Dearth

Reaction score
Wait, let's take a second here to calm down. Panic is never a good state of mind in which to make a financial decision.

Take some deep breaths and evaluate the situation.

There's something I don't understand... WHY can he only sell you one?

Logic tells me that if he's willing to part with ANY of them, he'd also be willing to part with ALL of them.

So why would he be limiting your choice to just one? Unless he's deliberately trying to whip you into a frenzy.

Tell him you'll take them all, see how he reacts.

Or is it that you can't afford all of them, so you've been given a 'first pick' chance?

I say, cut out the middle man. Stop relying on what your friend says his brother says, and you speak directly to the brother about this transaction. Maybe something's getting lost in translation.

Anyway, if you're having this much trouble deciding what you want, my gut tells me you're not passionate enough about it. Don't ask us what WE would buy. Ask yourself what character makes you smile the quickest, gives you the warmest fuzziest feeling inside.

If there's still no clear-cut winner in your heart or in your mind, either you want them all equally or you don't really want them at all.

Be prepared to walk away from it. Just say, "I'm not going to make a purchase at this time," and revel in the power it gives you as the consumer.

These things were mass-produced. This is NOT your only chance to ever find them.

Patience!

Alex

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Ok... Evaluate... IN CONTROL...:halo:

Let's go over this.

My favorite characters out of these are Teeth and Gonzo
Vaudeville S & W seem to be bad figures
Fozzie has been recommended
Teeth has been recommended
Gonzo has been recommended by Dearth a while ago

I narrowed it down to Teeth and Gonzo.

Which one is rarer?

GAR

Reaction score
Anyway, if you're having this much trouble deciding what you want, my gut tells me you're not passionate enough about it. Don't ask us what WE would buy. Ask yourself what character makes you smile the quickest, gives you the warmest fuzziest feeling inside.
Indeed what Dearth says. You don't HAVE to buy all figures if you like the Palisades toys. I only buy the figures that make me happy and I would advise to do that to every collector. I buy what I want because I want to own the character/playset, not because it is rare. Recently I purchased Zoot. Boy, was he expensive and yes, he is rare. But completing The Electric Mayhem just made my day and I smile every time when I pass the band on my toy shelf. Not because Zoot is rare, but just because I love the band!

That said, just go with your gut feeling. What figure makes you smile! But at the same time please hold in mind what is said before about Vaudeville Waldorf & Statler. They are extremely weak figures that tend to fall apart when opening the box. I currently have a friend's Waldorf on the work bench for hip replacement.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Well, the thing that would make my day would be if I had every Muppet Palisades (regular), I don't really care about variants yet... But from narrowing it down, it's gonna be either Dr. Teeth or Gonzo.

Dearth

Reaction score
A couple of things to consider as you vacillate about these two specific figures...

If you buy Dr. Teeth, then you will eventually want the rest of the Electric Mayhem.

Whereas if you buy Gonzo, you've already got Camilla, so it's easier to go cold turkey. Or chicken. Whatever.

And I just think Gonzo is a better figure. Sharper likeness, better poseability.

Dr. Teeth only looks good in one pose. Playing the keyboard. That's it.

Plus, Teeth came before Palisades had the 'magnets in the hats' brainstorm, so I hate the design of his hat.

Alex