What was the last DVD you bought and why?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
"The Muppets", of course...and right before that, though it was more a miniseries than a movie, "The Triangle." Just for Sam Neill looking all smug.

------------------

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
No. I am unaware as to why you would want such a movie. Would you care to enlighten us as to why you would make that purchase?
Well as can be expected from my joining this website, I am a major Muppet fan.
Besides it's a fantastic film by every sense of the word fantastic. It has great songs, the best humans ever in a Muppet movie, and hilairous humor!Muppets I'll always love you.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So many updates!

The Muppets - why else?

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey - see above

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Friendship Express - Because I like the show, wanted to see episodes I've missed out on. And besides, it might be the last time we see Derpy the way we know her. "I just don't know what went wrong!"

Rocko's Modern Life: Season 2 - Bought it as a cover-up for my parents who pay be wondering about a package full of ponies (see above) but I wanted it for my collection anyway, even if I barely watch my Rocko DVDs.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Well as can be expected from my joining this website, I am a major Muppet fan.
Besides it's a fantastic film by every sense of the word fantastic. It has great songs, the best humans ever in a Muppet movie, and hilairous humor!Muppets I'll always love you.
Saracasm is a foreign language to you, isn't it? :skeptical:

...or were you resarcasming me?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Big LOL at the 2 above posts, ha ha.

This week, 2 new DVD's and 1 bluray made their way to my mailbox, yay!

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro - Being a fairly recent Miyazaki fanboy, I'd put off owning the actual DVD as this fantastic film is readily available on Netflix instant streaming (watch it all the time). But due to now owning all his other magnificent films on bluray & DVD, I just had to have the physical product in my collection. :big_grin:

The Cat in the Hat: the Original Cartoon Classic - All March long, with the 2nd having marked Dr. Seuss' own birthday, I'd been expanding my Sons' Seussian book collection. As "Cat" and "Green Eggs" are a couple of his favorites, I decided my Boy had to see their respective cartoons, the awesome classics that I grew up with and loved. "Cat" was the most recent to arrive, "Seuss on the Loose", " Horton Hears a Who", "Daisy Head Mayzie", and "The Lorax" all arrived previously throughout last month. So far, "The Sneetches" is his favorite in the 'toon versions. :big_grin:

Dinosaur - I know a lot of Disney enthusiasts give this film a hard time, but I've never understood why! :confused: I think those people need to give it another watch; the art is beautiful (love the combination of animation within live environments), and the storyline and acting are well above par for most of the current age of Disney fare. Heck, it's a great movie compared to most movies from ANY studio these days! Anyhow, it's a film I've always loved, and yet somehow I'd only owned the VHS. With Disney Movie Rewards' current offer of getting a free bluray when you enter 2 codes, it was an easy choice, just paid around 4 bucks for shipping. My Boy loves dinosaurs almost as much as his Daddy, so I really can't wait to show him this movie! It'll probably be our Dinner Movie tonight, ha ha.

Cheers all!
:smile:
Anthony