Mikaela's Muppet Christmas

Abb Green

Reaction score
“This has got to be the worst Christmas ever...” I muttered to myself as I hung up the phone.

I’d just been told that my grades in school were so low that I’d have to do homework over the Christmas break! I swear my luck was getting worse with each passing day... First, my little sister; who’s only five years old- was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, then my Mom gets into a car accident while bringing my sister to the hospital for her tests and both of them nearly die, then my boyfriend breaks up with me, then I find out that my best friend was moving to California and then my Dad loses his job, making money tight around the house! I could only buy one gift per person now!

Slamming my fist against the wall, I sink to the floor. Why must my luck be so poor? It’s almost like God no longer cares about me... Why else would my Christmas be this bad? I must have done something to tick him off. It’s the only explanation!

Tears begin streaming down my face as I press a hand to my forehead. I just wanted it to all end... But I couldn’t think about that now! My family needs me! I can’t let anyone down anymore than I’ve been let down this holiday season!

More tears well up in my eyes but I stubbornly wiped them away. I refused to let myself cry! My father always told me that time shouldn’t be wasted on tears when whatever you’re crying about could easily be resolved in that time. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do!

Shopping for presents could certainly help resolve the situation...

I was in the toy section, looking for the Barbie and Ken collector’s set for my sister. I’d looked everywhere for it! Toys R Us didn’t have it and neither did Grand River Toys or Mastermind Toys. I was about to give up and go home to maybe search on eBay or Amazon when I finally spotted it on the second shelf. I eagerly grabbed it and looked at the price only to find that, to my dismay, that it cost over fifty dollars!

Defeated, I put it back on the shelf and slunk to the floor. I should have known... There was no way things would actually go my way after everything that’s happened to me... Tears welled up in my eyes and this time, I did nothing to stop them. But just as I was about to start sobbing, a familiar voice suddenly said, “Hi ho, there! Need help, missy?”

I looked up and my entire body froze up in shock. The flippers... the hat... the coat... the collar... the voice...

“K-Kermit the Frog?” I exclaimed in shock.

He smiled brightly. “Yep! That’s me!” He suddenly stopped short when he noticed that I was crying. “Hey, are you alright?”

Still in shock, I can only shake my head.

“Well, let’s see what I can do to help fix that!” He said, walking towards me. I can only watch, dumbfounded, as he stands before me and asks, “So, what are you upset about?”

“Um... I-I want to buy t-this Barbie and Ken Collector’s Edition set, but i-it costs too much.”

He nodded before picking up the set and staring at the price. “Whoa! Fifty dollars! I can see why someone would be reluctant to buy this!”

I nodded, starting to overcome my shock. “And to make matters worse, money is becoming really tight around my house so I can only spend so much money!”

He nodded again, staring at the toy, obviously thinking. So when he got an idea, I could practically see the light bulb go on over his head. “I know! How about I pay for half of it and you pay the other half?”

“B-But... Are you sure?”

He shrugged. “Hey, I’ve got plenty of money to spare. Also, I can’t just leave you here like this!”

I smiled. “Thanks, Kermit. Well, I have fifty dollars so here’s the twenty five we need.” I gave him two ten dollar bills and a five dollar bill. “Now I just need to buy gifts for my father and mother.”

“Well, let’s go look, then!”

After just ten minutes, we had managed to buy a new tool box for my father and a new bottle of French perfume for my mother. After we had bought the items and exited the store Kermit turned to me.

“Well, it was nice making your acquaintance, Miss...”

“Mikaela, Kermit.”

“...Miss Mikaela, but I have to go. But here.” He then took out a small sheet of paper, quickly wrote something on it and handed it to me. Looking at it, I realize he’s written a phone number on it.

“That’s my phone number. So just in case you need my help or need to chat, you know which number to call.”

I smiled, pocketing the paper. “Thank you, Kermit. You were very kind today. I really appreciate it!”

He only smiled. “It was my pleasure. Well, until next time!” And with that, he tipped his hat and walked off.

I grinned, in a much better mood then I originally was. But that good mood vanished as soon as I got home...

I gaped, staring at the broken glass littering the floor and my missing TV. Someone had broken in... Someone had actually broken into my home!

I’m not sure how long I stood there, just in a total state of shock before I finally came to my senses and immediately dialed 911. As soon as I heard the woman on the other end, I quickly composed myself and told her, “Hello. My name is Mikaela and my house has just been robbed.”

“Hang on. I’ll get the chief of police on.”

There was a little shuffling and soon, a deep male voice asked, “Hello. Is this Mikaela?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, missy, why don’t you explain things from the beginning?”

I proceeded to explain how I had come home from shopping only to find my window broken and my TV missing.

“Alright then. Now is anything else missing?”

“I don’t know. As soon as I walked through the door and saw the broken window and the missing TV, I called 911.”

“Well, you might want to check out the rest of your house. We want to make sure we know what we’re trying to find here. Just put me on hold and go look.”

“Alright.”

I did as he instructed and went to check out the rest of my house. At first, everything appeared to be in place and nothing else was missing. But when I went to check out my drawers, I discovered that, to my horror, my Granny’s necklace was gone. I desperately searched everywhere for it, until finally, after my third time searching, I slumped to the floor. I couldn’t believe it... My Grandmother had given me that necklace before she died three years ago. It meant the world to me!

Needless to say, I lost it.

I instantly broke down into tears. My body heaved with each sob as tears fell freely from my eyes. What was I going to tell my family? They were going to be so devastated...

Remembering that I had the chief of police on the phone, I wiped my tears away, forced myself to calm down and went back to the living room.

“H-Hi... I’m back...”

“I take it from the way you’re crying that more stuff was stolen...”

“Y-Yes...” I choked, more tears coming hot and fast.

“I’ll send someone over there to begin investigating immediately. In the meantime, I highly suggest staying over at a friend’s house until the crook is caught.”

“Okay...” I whisper into the phone, hanging up.

Sinking to the floor, I quickly try thinking of someone I could stay with. But nobody comes to mind. All of my friends have either moved, are staying somewhere else or is too busy.

Calmed down somewhat, I sigh and stand up only to notice a piece of paper on the floor. Being a bit of a neat freak, I go to pick it up and recycle it, only to notice the phone number on it.

Kermit!

In all of the excitement, I had forgotten about his phone number! He had said to me, “That’s my phone number. So just in case you need my help or need to chat, you know which number to call.” I could stay with him! I just hoped Miss Piggy didn’t mind...

And so I called his number. I had managed to clean up the glass and throw it away before I whipped out my cell phone and dialed the number that Kermit gave me.

It rang only three times before a cheerful voice answered, “Hi ho there! This is Kermit the Frog speaking!”

I breathed a sigh of relief. He was home. “Hi Kermit. This is Mikaela. The girl you met at the store today. I’m in a bit of a predicament...”

“Oh, Mikaela! I was wondering if you’d call! Well, what seems to be the problem?”

Taking a deep breath, I say, “My house has been robbed.”

There was silence on the other end, most likely from shock. It was so quiet I thought he might have fainted before he suddenly said, “That’s horrible!”

“I know. My TV and a necklace of mine are missing. The police said that they’re coming to investigate and that I should stay at a friend’s house until the thief is caught.”

“That’s a good idea.”

“So, if I give you my address, can you come pick me up?”

“Sure!”

“Thank you, Kermit!”

“It’s my pleasure!”

“Alright, my address is 904 Street, Apartment building #4. My apartment is number 805. Got it?”

“Yes. I’ll be there shortly.”

I hung up with a big smile on my face.

It was only thirty minutes later when Kermit arrived. I had gotten my cell phone, my purse and my iPod before going to the living room to wait. Soon, my buzzer rang, signaling their arrival, and I hurried out the door and into the elevator where I went to the home floor, where I found Kermit and Miss Piggy waiting in the lobby.

“Ah! Mikaela! There you are!”

“Hi, you two. I came down as fast as I could when I heard the buzzer.”

“Bonjour, Miss Mikaela. Kermie told me that you were having a rough day and need us to help.”

“Pretty much. My holiday season has really sucked so far and today, I met Kermit at the store and he gave me his phone number after he helped me out just in case I needed to call him. Well, as I’m sure you’ve heard, my house has just been robbed and the police said it might be best if I stayed with a friend. Since I have no other friends to stay with, I chose to stay with Kermit since I knew I could trust him.”

“Oh my goodness! You poor thing!” She exclaimed. “No wonder Kermie told me that you needed to stay with us!”

“Tell me about it!” I said.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” She said in a demanding voice. “Let’s get this show on the road!”

“So Kermit, where are we going?” I asked once we had hopped in his car-I was surprised when I saw that it wasn’t a limo-and was now driving out of the city.

“We’re going to Fozzie’s mother’s house out in the country. We go there every Christmas now.”

I nodded and asked. “How long until we arrive?”

“At least an hour.”

I nodded again and settled back in my seat before turning my iPod on.

“Psst! Mikaela! We’re here!” I heard Kermit whisper as he poked my arm.

I tiredly opened my eyes and sat up, stretching, realizing I’d been sleeping. I looked out the window and saw that we were out in the country and that we were in front of an old farmhouse.

“Is this Fozzie’s mom’s house?” I sleepily asked.

“Yep. This is Emily Bear’s house. And it looks like everyone else has arrived!”

He got out of the car and opened the doors for Miss Piggy and me. We both got out of the car and into the chilly early evening air.

“Well, shall we?” Kermit said as he motioned towards the door.

I nodded and, somewhat nervously, followed them into the house. And let me tell you, it was chaos! All over the place, Muppets were running, shouting, watching TV, playing games, some were even singing!

“Crazy huh?” Kermit said, grinning.

“No kidding!” I replied, looking around. I recognized some Muppets but the others weren’t familiar.

The Electric Mayhem was just finishing up a song, Statler and Waldorf were chilling on the couch, a blue eagle had his face buried in his hands/wings, shaking his head, a crazy looking guy was... doing something with a bunch of explosives, Robin was in the kitchen with the Swedish Chef making some holiday feast, Fozzie was attempting to make Statler and Waldorf laugh, Gonzo and a chicken were chatting near the fireplace, Beaker and Bunsen were busy making some invention and just about everyone else was gathered around the TV, watching Christmas specials.

I had barely taken a single step in when a loud gravelly voice suddenly called out, “WOMAN!”

Whirling around, I see the Electric Mayhem’s drummer; I think his name was Animal, straining against a chain that had him attached to his drum set.

“WOMAN! WOMAN! WOMAN!”

“Down Animal! Heel!” A hipster guitarist suddenly said.

The drummer quickly calmed down. “Sorr-ee.”

“Hey, green stuff! Who’s the chick you got with you?” His words attracted everyone’s attention.

Kermit smiled at everyone. “Everyone, this is Mikaela. She’s having a rough time, so we agreed to let her stay with us.”

I nervously shifted my weight as everyone stared at me. Then they all broke out into smiles and grins as they all shouted their greetings and waved.

“H-Hi everyone.” I nervously said.

“What’s all of the fuss about?” An older bear suddenly came into the room.

“Hi Ma! This is Mikaela!” Fozzie spoke up before anyone else got the chance to.

“Ah! A new face!” She came over and stuck out her hand/paw. “I’m Emily, Fozzie’s mother. Pleased to meet you!”

“Thank you, Ms. Bear.” I politely replied, shaking her hand/paw.

“Just call me Emily.” She smiled at me before letting go of my hand and walking into the kitchen.

Looking around, my eyes fall on the drummer and the hipster guitarist.

The drummer curiously looked up at me. “Woman?” He asked quizzically.

“Yes... I’m a woman...” I nervously told him.

He nodded. “Woman.”

The hipster spoke next. “I apologize for this little fuzz face here. He gets really excited whenever he sees a woman. I’m not sure why...”

I smiled. “Nah, that’s okay. He just startled me, that’s all. Nice to meet you!”

He smiled back. “Nice to meet you, too! I’m Floyd. The Electric Mayhem’s resident bass guitarist! And this crazy dude is Animal, our drummer.”

“CRAZY! CRAZY!”

I took a step back then smiled. “I see what you mean about the whole ‘crazy’ thing!”

He laughed. “Yep! That’s Animal for ya!” He then turned towards the rest of the band. “Hey guys! Come over and say hey to Mikaela. This cat ain’t half bad!”

“Kitty cat?” Animal asked.

Floyd shook his head. “Sorry, little dude. No kitty cat’s around here.”

Looking disappointed, Animal simply said, “Oh...”

“Like, what’s the deal, honey?” A blonde haired girl asked me with a strong valley girl accent.

“Babe, this here is Mikaela!”

“MIKAELA!” Animal decided to add his two cents on the matter.

“Hi everyone. I’m Mikaela.” I shyly said.

They all smiled.

“This here is my home girl, Janice.” Floyd said, pointing to the blonde haired girl.

“Like, it is such a pleasure to meet you!” Janice said.

“And that’s Zoot. Don’t mind him if he falls asleep during a conversation with you.”

“Hey man.” Zoot wheezed.

“And that there is Dr. Teeth. He’s the leader of the band.”

“Greetings, Miss Mikaela!” He exclaimed, grinning and taking his hat off in a very gentlemanly way.

Not feeling as nervous, I grinning back and said, “It is very nice to meet all of you!”

“C’mon, Mikaela. I’ll introduce you to everyone else.” Floyd said as he handed Animal to Janice.

I nodded and followed him as he went around the room. First we went up to the blue eagle.

“This here is Sam. He’s our resident ‘censor’. He despises all things weird. Which is ironic since he’s hanging out with us!” Floyd laughed again.

“And I regret every moment I spend with you freaks and weirdoes!” Sam practically growled as he glared at Floyd. Then he turned to me and did a courteous bow. “Nice to meet you, Miss Mikaela. And a word of warning: These guys are ALL freaks! Except for Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf. Those two are true gentlemen!”

“Right, Sam...” Floyd sarcastically muttered, causing Sam to glare at him again.

I laughed. “Alright, Sam. I’ll keep that in mind.”

Sam nodded and glared at Floyd one last time before walking off.

“Don’t mind him. He’s like that with everyone. Well, this here...” We walked over to the crazy looking guy. “Is Crazy Harry. Be careful not to say anything about... B-O-M-B-S’s around him.”

Harry just cackled madly, oblivious to the word that Floyd just spelled. But suddenly, someone over by the TV shouted out, “THIS TV SHOW IS THE BOMB!”

Harry cackled ever louder than before and said, “Did somebody say bomb?”

“NO!” Floyd shouted but Harry ignored him as he took out a detonator and caused a minor explosion, cackling like a, well, mad man.

Floyd sighed. “Well, anyways...” He walked over to the kitchen. “This little dude is Robin and this dude is the Swedish Chef.”

“Hi, Mikaela!” Robin said.

“Hiiii Miiiiisss Miiikaaaellla!”

“Hi you two!” I said.

“This bear right here,” He took me to Fozzie. “Is Fozzie. He’s our resident comedian.”

“Comedian? More like a failure!” Waldorf suddenly said before Fozzie got a chance to greet me.

“Yeah! You could turn him into a bear rug and he’d still be bad at his job!” Statler finished as they both laughed.

Fozzie sighed before turning to me and saying, “Ignore them. My name’s Fozzie. Nice to meet you!” He stuck out his hand/paw.

I shook it, saying, “It is very nice meeting you!”

Fozzie nodded before Floyd took me to Gonzo and the chicken he was talking with.

“This here is Gonzo. And that’s his girlfriend Camilla.”

“Hey there!”

“Brawk bawk!”

“Hi Gonzo and Camilla.”

Floyd then took me towards Beaker and Bunsen. “These two are Beaker and Bunsen.”

Bunsen was busy writing some formulas down while Beaker was putting some finishing touches on what looked like a toaster.

“Hey Bunsen.” Floyd said in an attempt to get Bunsen’s attention but Bunsen continued working.

“Bunsen...”

Still nothing.

“BUNSEN!”

Startled, Bunsen dropped the pencil he was using to write and looked up, covering his mouth out of embarrassment when he saw us.

“Oh my goodness me! I’m so sorry! I was so busy writing the formulas for our latest invention down that I didn’t see you!”

“We noticed...” Floyd sarcastically remarked.

Either Bunsen didn’t hear him or ignored him. “Would you like to know what our invention is?”

“Sure!” I said.

Bunsen grinned, and I bet that if he would have had eyes, they would have lit up. “Excellent! We call it... The Automatic Tree Decorator™! As you probably would have guessed it decorates your tree for you! Let’s say that you want a decorated tree in your living room but don’t like decorating trees or don’t have the time to decorate your tree. Well, just turn the Tree Decorator™ on and BAM! Your tree is decorated!”

“Cool!” I exclaimed and even Floyd looked interested.

“Thank you! Beakie here will demonstrate.”

Beaker nodded and turned the machine on and... Well... Let’s just say that the machine went bonkers and poor Beaker got tied up in a bunch of lights!

“Whoops. Looks like it still needs recalibrating!” Bunsen said over Beaker’s frantic meeps.

“Yeah... Well, keep us informed of its progress!” Floyd said, pulling me away.

“We will!” Bunsen called after us before turning to help Beaker out of his predicament.

“Man, those two sure are whacko!” He said, shaking his head.

“I don’t know... I kind of think they’re cool!”

He shrugged. “Well, let’s finish the introductions...”

We finished the introductions about an hour later. He had introduced me to all of the chickens, a rat named Rizzo, who also happened to be Gonzo’s best friend, the pianist Rowlf, the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, the Country Trio, Wayne and Wanda, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Marvin Snuggs and his Muppaphone, the Flying Zucchini Brothers, Gladys, Hilda, George the Janitor, Beauregard, the Snowths and Mahna Mahna, Lew Zealand, Sweetums, Bobby Benson and his Baby Band, Bobo, Pepe, Uncle Deadly and Zelda Rose among many others.

“Well, that about covers everyone.” Floyd began as he started walking away.

“Hey! What about us?” Waldorf suddenly said.

“Why would she want to know old geezer’s like you?”

“Hmph!”

I laughed. “Don’t worry. I know who you two are. You’re Waldorf and you’re Statler!”

That seemed to cheer them up. “See, Statler? I told you we were famous!”

“So, what were you two doing?” I asked them, sitting down beside them.

“Oh nothing much.” Waldorf said.

“We were just relaxing here when that ‘comedian’ Fozzie came over here and decided to try to be funny!” Statler finished.

“C’mon you guys! I was just trying to make you happy!” Fozzie whined.

“We’re happier when you don’t try to make us happy!” Statler told him and he and Waldorf laughed.

I giggled.

“So anyway, Miss Mikaela, how have you been doing?” Waldorf asked me once he stopped laughing.

“I’ve been fine, I guess...” I started but before Waldorf could ask me something, an older woman that looked startling like Statler suddenly came into the room and sat down beside Waldorf.

“Ah. I forgot to mention. The geezeress that just sat down beside me is my wife Astoria.” Waldorf said, stifling a laugh.

“Quit calling me a geezeress!” She shouted, whacking him. At first I thought she was actually upset until I saw that she was stifling a smile.

Waldorf chuckled. “Sorry dear.”

“So, Mikaela, before my wife came in and interrupted me,” He playfully glared at her. She only glared back. “What’s wrong? And before you say nothing is, I know that tone. After hanging around someone who has bad days quite often,” He gestured towards Statler. “I recognize that tone of voice.”

I sighed. “It’s just that... My holiday season has really sucked so far...”

“Well, that’s not good! Why don’t you tell us about it?” He asked me.

And so I told them about my holiday season, about how my best friend was moving, how my sister has diabetes, how her and my mom got into a car accident, how I no longer had a boyfriend, how my Dad lost his job, how my grades were bad and how my house had been broken into and I ended up losing my TV and my Granny’s necklace. Some Muppets had heard me and had formed a crowd around us. When I finished explaining almost all of them gave me their consolations.

“Gee whiz! That’s gotta suck!” Rizzo exclaimed.

“No kidding...” Bobo said.

“But you’re with us, okay?” Pepe spoke up.

“Yeah! And you’re our friend!” Someone exclaimed with a lot of passion.

“FRIEND! FRIEND!”

“Yeah!”

“For sure!”

“Yeah man!”

“Absotively posolutely!”

“Mee mo!”

“Of course!”

“Totally!”

“Yeah!”

“I agree!”

All of them were shouting their agreements which touched me in more ways possible. Once everyone quieted down, Kermit walked up to me and said, “Yeah! You’re part of the family now!”

“Absolutely, Kermie!” Miss Piggy said, kissing him on the cheek before looking at me. “You belong with us now!”

Grinning broadly, I look and see Statler and Astoria smiling up at me and Waldorf looking deep in thought. I was just about to ask him what he was thinking about, when he looked up and said, “Y’know... Your story reminds me of a bad Christmas I once had...”

“Really?” I asked in surprise.

He nodded. “Want to hear about it?”

“Sure.” I said, shrugging. Everyone else nodded and leaned forward when he opened his mouth to speak.

“Well, it goes like this...”

“Way back when I was only twelve years old, I was having a particularly bad Christmas. And by bad, I mean bad! My mom had just been diagnosed with cancer, my dad had slipped into depression and was becoming a drunk and my brothers and sisters had all moved away, so I had no consolation.”

“I was spending almost all of my time with Statler. He was my only friend at the time. He and I would go on walks, hang out and I would sometimes sleepover at his house if my dad got violent. Well, it was one night when it happened...”

“I was asleep when I was suddenly awoken by the sound of glass breaking... I went downstairs and saw my dad making a mess of things. He was throwing stuff around, breaking glass and...Everything... His hands were bleeding and he had several cuts and bruises on his body but he didn’t care. I remember just standing there, fearing the worse about what was making him act like this.”

“He had just tipped the fridge over when he noticed me. I prepared myself for the worst when he rushed over but instead of hitting me, he just hugged me and broke down into tears...” Waldorf’s eyes were beginning to get misty. “He whispered into my ear, ‘Waldorf, your mommy just passed away...’ I remember my entire body just going numb with shock. I couldn’t cry because I was so stunned. I was positive that God would heal my mother but he didn’t... I remember thinking, ‘My mother is...dead?’”

I numbly went upstairs and just as I had closed my door and reached my bed... I lost it.” Tears were streaming down Waldorf’s face now. “I just sobbed. I demanded to know why God would just abandon my mother like that and what I was going to do now. But in the midst of my sobbing... a voice rang out...”

“I looked up in surprise wondering where it was coming from. The voice continued talking. It was saying, ‘Don’t cry Waldorf. Rejoice! Your mother is in a better place and things will get better from here.’ I was looking around wildly, trying to find who was talking to me when suddenly... A bright light filled my room... It was an angel...”

Waldorf’s voice cracked. He had to clear his throat to continue. “I just stared in awe as the angel flew across my room and took me in her arms. Just then, an incredible feeling spread through me... It was God’s love... I broke down into tears and hugged the angel back. After a while, the angel let go of me, wiped my tears away and said, ‘God loves you.’ before leaving.”

“I began crying again, this time tears of pure happiness and love, as I looked up at my ceiling. That night when I went into bed, I prayed for my family, my mother and my father and me. And guess what?”

“What?” I asked, my voice cracking because I was also crying.

“...My mom came back to life...” And that was when Waldorf lost it. He just collapsed into tears and sobbed. Statler put his hand on his friends shoulder while Astoria hugged her husband. After a minute, he managed to calm down enough to finish his story.

“I remember talking with Statler when my father suddenly called me. He was so excited he I had barely said hello when he blurted out, ‘YOUR MOMMY’S BACK!’”

“Not understanding what he meant, I told Statler that I was going home and hurried back. And when I got there, there was my mother, in flesh and blood, standing right in front of me! I burst into tears and rushed into her arms. She was also crying, and apologized to me for dying and leaving me and my father behind. She also promised to never leave me again.”

“She never got cancer again and when she died four years ago, it was of natural causes.”

He grew quiet before speaking again. “If you’re wondering what the moral of the story is, it’s that God will never leave and don’t take your loved ones...” He glanced at Astoria and Statler, smiling as he said this before continuing. “For granted.”

There was a silence as he continued his story, before I started clapping. Soon Kermit, then Piggy, then Rizzo, then Gonzo, then Fozzie, then Emily, then everyone joined me.

Waldorf blushed as thunderous applause filled the room. Astoria was fully hugging her husband now and Statler was giving his best friend a shoulder hug.

“Y’know, this calls for a toast!” Emily Bear exclaimed. She went off into the kitchen and came back with glasses filled with a bunch of different drinks. I was impressed with how she managed to balance every drink on a tray. She went around the room giving everyone their drinks before coming to me.

“I’m sorry if you don’t like grape juice. It was the only thing left.” She sheepishly told me, holding out the tray.

“That’s okay! I love grape juice!” I assured her, grabbing my drink.

After she put the tray back, she came back held her glass up high and said, “I propose a toast! TO STATLER AND WALDORF!”

“To Statler and Waldorf!” Everyone repeated, holding their glasses high. I smiled when I saw Fozzie also hold his glass up.

“I also propose a toast!” Kermit then stood up. “TO CHRISTMAS!”

“To Christmas!” Everyone held their glasses up high again.

“And...” Miss Piggy made sure she had everyone’s attention before saying, “I propose a toast... To our new friend, Mikaela! TO MIKAELA!”

“To Mikaela!” Everyone held their glasses up again, making me blush.

“LET’S SING CHRISTMAS CAROLS!” Someone shouted.

“What a great idea!” Emily said. “I’ll go get the CD’s!”

A couple of minutes, everyone, including Statler and Waldorf, were singing “Deck the Halls” loudly.

Heading over to the window, I look out at the falling snow and smile, in a much better mood then I had started the day with.

“WAKE UP! IT CHRISTMAS MORNING!” Someone belted out at the top of their lungs.

Groaning, I sat up. Remembering that I was in Emily Bear’s farmhouse, I looked out the window and saw the ground covered in a fresh layer of snow.

Smiling, I got up and went over to the tree that someone set up overnight. It had LOADS of presents underneath it! I honestly think that there was more than a hundred!

I went over and watched (almost) everyone open their presents. Waldorf gave Astoria a new wedding ring (must have lost the old one), Statler gave Waldorf a new scarf, Kermit gave Fozzie a new joke book, Piggy gave Kermit a mistletoe (as an excuse to kiss him, I’ll bet), Kermit gave Piggy a new vanity, Rizzo gave Gonzo a new stuntman outfit, Gonzo gave Rizzo a BIG hunk of cheese, Pepe gave Rizzo a cookbook (don’t ask...), Camilla gave Gonzo a stuntman book and Gonzo gave Camilla... AN ENGAGEMENT RING!

After the cheering and applause died down, he and Camilla kissed, sat down and began passing out the stockings to everyone. I was surprised when I was also given a stocking. Inside were Smarties, Aero bars, Kit-Kat’s, Lifesaver’s, a book titled “The Official Guide to the Muppet Theatre” (written by Kermit), and a bunch of Kisses.

Setting my stocking aside, I started to go over to the window only for Kermit to stop me.

“Mikaela... I’ve known you for less than 24 hours, yet I feel like I’ve known you my entire life... So... I just wanted to give you this.” He told me, handing me a box.

Curious, I opened the box and gasped when I saw the snowglobe inside it. Best of all, it was the snowglobe that I was missing from my collection!

“Kermit... I don’t know what to say...”

“Then say nothing. It was no problem, really. When I saw the snowglobe, something inside of me told me that you’d like it.”

“LIKE it? I LOVE it!”

He blushed.

It was then that my cell phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Is this Mikaela?” A familiar voice asked me.

“Yes...”

“This is the chief of police.”

“Did you find the thief?” I quickly asked.

“Yep! And we’ve got your necklace and TV!”

I laughed out of pure relief. Thank you, God! And I’m sorry for thinking that you hated me...

“That’s great!” I said into the phone.

“We’ll drop them off at your apartment today. Sound good?”

“Yes! Thank you so much!”

“No problem. Well, till next time!” He then hung up.

“Who was that?” Kermit asked me once I got off the phone.

I grinned. “The police managed to find the thief and my stuff! They’re being returned right now!”

“That’s great!”

I nodded before going over to the window. Looking out over the frozen landscape, I smiled. “This Christmas didn’t turn out so bad after all...” I muttered to myself.

As it turns out, that was the best Christmas I ever had!

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow... Miss Piggy was taking all this, "Having another woman in the house" thing well. LOL

Great Story!

Abb Green

Reaction score
Thanks! :smile: Also, yeah! XD I don't think that Miss Piggy would be THAT much of a brat!

mo

Reaction score
sorry did'nt get to read all of it! my names mikayla too only spelt differently!:smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
sorry did'nt get to read all of it! my names mikayla too only spelt differently!:smile:
Yeah, I kept checking to see who wrote this because of that! I was like, "I thought this was Abb Green, not Mo!" LOL

Misskermie

Reaction score
LOL, I think everyone makes my writing look bad... maybe it is. LOL